I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 9, 2009

Post by OnOff »

Can't wait, this should be a blast. Part of me wants to camp out Sat night to break up the trip and another part doesn't want to haul all that gear while riding there, riding the ride and riding home! LOL Does anybody know where the closest gas station to the ride might be? I will probably need to figure out how to pick up a spare tank of gas. Looks like the main ride with options is about 122 miles. Starting point of ride is about 85mi from my place so figure 170Mi round trip + 122 for ride = 292 miles. Anybody have a pillow for my ass? hahaha :ride: Looks like they are calling for upper 80s and 40% scattered t storms. Kos, where and when do you guys want to meet up? I could meet you off Padonia road just off I83 or??? Just changed oil and plug on the XR650 and put more JB on my muffler so I better pass tech inspection :lol2:
I combined all the PDF files they gave us and put it on my imageevent at:
http://photos.imageevent.com/peteh/moto ... 202009.pdf
Keep in mind, it looks like the coordinators have scrubbed part 6 of this ride.

Edit - Hey Accidental Wheelie, how about RIDING up with us! That is why you got a DUAL sport! :amazon: It was good to see you at the races and did you go to the ones they had tonight? Here is the pic I took of you at the races. I call it accidentalwheelieinmypants. Maybe best to not show that one to your girlfriend who seemed to be a nice person. :bow:

Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

AccidentalWheelie wrote:F - it, dude ill do it , willow and michaux im slow anyway so tired or not same speed lol and carpool meaning me mooching another bike haul? yeh man id love to meet everyone and ride ....im in a shape just not in shape...up to u tony
I have to meet with a client on Saturday morning, so I probably wouldn't be able to leave Baltimore before noon. It looks like about two and a half hours to Willow hill, and a little over an hour from Willow hill to Michaux. I'll know my schedule more by tomorrow evening. We can decide then.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Pete,

I know there is a gas station in Biglerville and I was planning on stopping on our way up to top off. Biglerville is only like 10 minutes from the start of the ride. The only problem was last year when I rolled through it was real early and the gas station wasn't open so I ended up running back south to Gettysburg to find gas and then had to haul-a$$ to get to the start in time. I'll call today to see what time they are open and re-plan the route accordingly if they are not.

I threw out rolling out of the park-n-ride in Hereford at 7' am to put us up there around 8:30. Is that cool with you and Chris? That is probably the latest we should be on the road but I can roll earlier if you guys want to get up to Michaux earlier than that, just let me know.

Should be a good time.
Jay
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Jay,
I am flexible and your plan sounds like a good one. I think you are correct in saying we need to get an early start which is a bad thing for a night owl like me :rant: LOL
I'll work around you and Kos for scheduling and include me in the fray! Hope the weather holds out with regards to rain, but I am going either way. If we are traveling light on gear, how about strapping on an empty gas tank and filling up bike and tank on the way? I can ride the last bit with a tank sitting in front of me. Thoughts?

BTW Accidental Wheelie, you know I am only pullin your chain and have a good ride with Grady. :wink: I hope you are both running helmet cams to document the ride!

I just got an email that option #6 is open again with minor modifications. Per Nichole...

Good news! A compromise has been made with DCNR regarding Option#6 which allows us to use the option with a slight modification. So Option#6 is back in! See you all on Sunday!!

Nichole
717-577-5142
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

I am heading up Sunday morning with a buddy. I going to try to get started riding around 8:00am. I would like to link up to ride with some of you guys. What time are you guys planning to start? Any specific meeting place?
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

I have to bail on the ride something came up you guys have fun and be safe.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Daves08excr wrote:I have to bail on the ride something came up you guys have fun and be safe.
That sucks, hope all is well.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Gas.

Biglerville has at least two gas stations, both south of the main intersection (234/34).
There is also a gas station in Arendtsville, closer to Michaux by a few miles. It's right on 234.

They are local joints and may not open until 6 or 7 am.

WH would be a good warm up for Michaux, a cake walk. As stated, no rocks and no real hills. :amazon:
Bruce
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Dirty,

Apparently both the Gulf station and the Getty-mart in Biglerville have closed-up. According the girl at the 7/11 who is listed as having gas but in actuality is only a convenience store, the closest gas is in Arendtsvile where you mentioned. I checked there and the Getty opens at 5'am....
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

gzj443 wrote:Dirty,
Apparently both the Gulf station and the Getty-mart in Biglerville have closed-up. According the girl at the 7/11 who is listed as having gas but in actuality is only a convenience store, the closest gas is in Arendtsvile where you mentioned. I checked there and the Getty opens at 5'am....
I grew up around there and I pass through on a regular basis, but I never stop (KLR tank).
It is kinda in the sticks. There was a place at the end of 234, where it hits US30. But it has no gas.

TO ALL- I live nearby (about 30 minutes), but I can't make it. If you need any kind of assistance I'll be glad to help, I have truck, trailer, tools, place to park, camp or crash.
I'll be home or close by.

How about one of the ringleaders PM me and I'll give out my phone numbers just in case one of y'all run yer scoots into a tree or bang off a big rock.
Bruce