I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2009 Durty Dabber - May 30/31

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

2009 Durty Dabber - May 30/31

Post by trialsrider »

The 19th Annual Durty Dabber Great Adventure Dual Sport
Mill Hall, PA

Anyone planning on doing this ride?

Here is the signup flyer.
http://www.durtydabbers.com/Durty Dabbers 14- Flyer 2009.pdf
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2009 Durty Dabber

Post by Rut Row »

I'm free that weekend and it is on my list of events to do - it appears to be about 4 hours away from here. Has anyone done it before?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

I have not personally ridden it but several guys from the Cumberland area have. They all go back. They say the trails are excellent. The whole event first rate.
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Is anyone doing the dirty? I'm still undecided about going by my self.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

undecided yet
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Its a great ride!! I'm just not sure if i can make it this year. Heres a write up i did a few years ago.

Say theres no place to ride ?? well say no more, just Join AMA's
2006 District 7 Dual Sport Adventure Series

100 Miles of Bad Road Returns
After canceling the Mill Hall Dual Sport for the last couple of years things were looking pretty bad, but Dirty Daubber's have returned in style and grace! The retiring of an uncooperative DNR official has paved the way for greater access, albeit once a year, to the spectacular wooded forest around the Mill Hall / Loch Haven areas of Central Pennsylvania. This year was one of the best rides I have ever been to.
A decent contingency of GVMC riders logged well over 100 miles each day on everything from power sliding around fire roads WFO, to handlebar tight woods but mostly consisting of beautiful, curvy grass cover trails for miles on end with speed only limited by how far you can see around the next turn. Way cool stuff indeed. Plenty of challenging rocky options, awesome scenic views, BBQ and Kegs for Saturday night party, everyone wins plenty of door prizes, they really did it up right.

On Sunday, although plenty of great trails, there was only one option section, Horehey "wise one" R was in front and bravely ran away down the Main course, the rest of us fools were led astray by a seemingly harmless little option trail that had a couple of sections that became brutal. One particularly nasty section had a bunch of roots and a big slippery rock with a ditch before it, the best line by was to ride the high side of the rock on an off camber root covered hill. Most of us just slammed the rocks, pushed and paddled our way thru but C made the cleanest pass of everybody, he had great momentum even with the loose rocky uphill start, neutral throttle across the slippery bad part and right back on it for the corkscrew. Well done!! Rock and Roll points to C, R and T for banging thru the big nasty without once asking "What is the quickest way back to the truck?" R looks like the new Katoom was made just for him, we were all banging bars jockeying for position on Saturday.

http://www.amadistrict7.com/Dual_Sport/index.html
YEP! you heard right D-7 is starting a NEW series based around Eleven "local" Dual Sports/ Adventure rides!!! Please spread the word, sign up some friends too. Most of these rides have main courses that can be ridden by a BWM / Adventure type bike and include plenty of tougher options, some of which are down right NASTY, epic even. These are FUN rides that provide LOTS of seat time, milage and access to some trails ONLY AVAILIBLE durring these ride. No waiting all day for a 30 minute moto, hop on your bike in the morning and collaspe dead tired by days end, then do it again the next day.Please sign up for your District 7 dual sport card to show your support!!!! Thanks to guys like Chris we will have killer legal rides for years to come.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kyler wrote:undecided yet
Correction - I'm in! I'll go up Friday after work. Anyone want to share a ride?
Ken
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Ken,

I definitely want to try to do this. I am going to see if I can sort out my schedule this weekend. I probably can only do Saturday though, but I think that is supposed to be the best day.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

The URL isn't working, what are the dates for this?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:The URL isn't working, what are the dates for this?
May 30/31 - I plan on going up Friday evening.
Ken