I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Possible Future Trip?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Possible Future Trip?

Post by Bucho »

https://www.crossingnewfoundlandbyatv.com/

Check out this guy’s website. He has done many trips up to NewFoundland and crossed the island on quads and/or UTVs. There is an old railbed you can use for most of the trip. Lots of cool side trips to lakes and mountains. Plenty of towns to stop and get food/fuel/hotels also can camp in most places along the way. Looks like a really neat adventure.
There are links to youtube with lots of footage of past year’s trips. I watched his 2017 and 2018 trips.

Im probably a couple years out. But thinking about having my brother drive my little UTV carrying all our gear. Id ride my bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Possible Future Trip?

Post by Wingfixer »

I'd be totally in on this! :cheers:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:48 am I'd be totally in on this! :cheers:
You would be very welcome.
95% is dirt. Extremely small amount of pavement. Staying mostly on the old railbed, mostly any dualsport bike would do. Some of the side trips have some shorter more difficult sections. I'd probably take my Beta.

I wouldn't mind trying to find some other people willing to take another buggy/UTV to keep my brother company while he drives mine. I haven't looked into UTV rentals for the trip.

Either way this trip would be 2-3 years out. My brother and I are going to do BigBend TX Feb of 2021. Newfoundland would be August/September of 2022 or even 2023.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'd definitely be interested.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

This is a shorter vid. One of the days of travel. Would be a 6 day trip on the bikes/trail. Bit longer overall as this would include driving to Nova Scotia and taking a ferry to Newfoundland etc...

If anyone wants an excuse to buy a side by side, this trip would be it!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:08 am
If anyone wants an excuse to buy a side by side, this trip would be it!
Ken recently introduced me to MDOHVA and I listened in to their board meeting as they talked about all the fun to be had on ORV trails with their SxS's and and now this. You miserable @#$%#$'s are going to just keep on being a bad influence on me and now I'm thinking how much fun this would be to do with my daughter in a SxS together.

*sigh* Now I'm out looking at how to tear out landscaping in my side yard for a place to park a trailer.

Do you guys know of anywhere that I could rent a SxS for a day to take the family and ride?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You and your daughter can drive mine around.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

This trip would require passports right?
Is Canada a foreign country? Or the 51st province?
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am This trip would require passports right?
Is Canada a foreign country? Or the 51st province?
both depending on who you talk to :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

If my bride's health settles down I'm a maybe. I'd borrow a SxS and help haul gear/beer/food. I ripped up my bad knee and doubt it will be offroad ready soon if every. I doubt my long extension cord for my electric trials bike would be sufficient.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris