I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2020 dual sport rides. Local.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2020 dual sport rides. Local.

Post by aai »

you have the desert sled? cool I enjoyed the desmo classic for a couple of years, didn't have the suspension travel as the sled but she was steady on fire roads.
Attachments
4DE9AE1D-A41F-417F-A93E-A8D9EAB2B720.jpeg
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

BDMaha wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:56 pm
aai wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 am how about section 4 to 6 on MABDR Bruce? Thats about 600 mile round trip from me, doable over a 3 day weekend. Moorefield to Mt. Holly
Section 4 is boring boring boring. all asphalt.
I think this thread is great and hope to be able to participate in some rides.
NOT trying to be a downer BUT when the MABDR first came out - I did some analysis of the roads/route and found that - in the areas I was personally familiar with from past rides - there were several significant stretches where they picked a boring easy road that roughly paralleled a great fun road I had enjoyed previously. There were others making similar observations at the time.

I haven't followed this and maybe/hopefully their routes have been fixed/improved in response to user feedback???
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

aai wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 pm
Junior wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:00 pm
aai wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 am how about section 4 to 6 on MABDR Bruce? Thats about 600 mile round trip from me, doable over a 3 day weekend. Moorefield to Mt. Holly
A few of us did part of this a few years ago. It fell apart due to weather! I`m game to try it again. Mid September?
Junior I have a RnineT TKC 80s, 8" clearance under skid plate. Will it make it thru that stuff? since you've run it already. Seems the videos Ive seen, they layed it out for big bike friendly, with optional tougher lanes.
Very similar to my CB500X. Same tires. Rides great, fat front 17” sucks on gravel, but very doable. It is my preferred bike for longer, back road/gravel road trips.
Bruce
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

you guys living around the Appalachians gets spoiled :think: when it comes to anything involves two wheels. Hard to imagine boring rides back roads or dirt. :cheers: Here in southern Maryland its flat as a pancake maybe 60ft or so elevation changes at best. Eastern shore is probably the same way. JohnF and I was just talking about that recently absolutely enjoying the Michaux roads and getting back up there sooner than later. Heres a small clip from when I first met Bucho and JohnF. Brand new bike, brand new place, brand new friends and streaming music :lol2:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

As far as getting back up here sooner rather than later, most weekends when the temps is 50 or above is good or me. As long as we don’t get any s***w. That stuff hangs around for a while. On the cooler days I just trailer up to avoid a cold ride to the woods.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 pm you guys living around the Appalachians gets spoiled :think: when it comes to anything involves two wheels. Hard to imagine boring rides back roads or dirt. :cheers: Here in southern Maryland its flat as a pancake maybe 60ft or so elevation changes at best. Eastern shore is probably the same way. JohnF and I was just talking about that recently absolutely enjoying the Michaux roads and getting back up there sooner than later. Heres a small clip from when I first met Bucho and JohnF. Brand new bike, brand new place, brand new friends and streaming music :lol2:
Thanks for the video. I only pulled my 650 out a couple times last year, but I honestly do enjoy those type of rides.

This spring I'll need to do some shake down rides before the KAT. Michaux is always fun. I'd also like to hit up the dirt roads around Greenridge State Park in Western MD.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 pm As far as getting back up here sooner rather than later, most weekends when the temps is 50 or above is good or me. As long as we don’t get any s***w. That stuff hangs around for a while. On the cooler days I just trailer up to avoid a cold ride to the woods.
You're not kidding about the snow. We went up there last spring and ran in to it up to the foot pegs.

It's so shady that it hangs around when it's mostly clear everywhere else.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Twist wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:15 am
Laoch wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 pm As far as getting back up here sooner rather than later, most weekends when the temps is 50 or above is good or me. As long as we don’t get any s***w. That stuff hangs around for a while. On the cooler days I just trailer up to avoid a cold ride to the woods.
You're not kidding about the snow. We went up there last spring and ran in to it up to the foot pegs.

It's so shady that it hangs around when it's mostly clear everywhere else.
BTDT
Bruce