I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The KAT -Part Deux AND Hatfield McCoy Buffalo Mountain 7/18 to 7/26/2020

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: The KAT -Part Deux AND Hatfield McCoy Buffalo Mountain 7/18 to 7/26/2020

Post by Boom Boom »

I have no scoot to join this ride but if I was I would want to ride the ST while fresh. You can make that as easy or hard as you want.
The KAT sounds like a great adventure ride so perfect for nice long days after some ST warm up.
The urge to ride Buffalo mountain ST after a long KAT adventure ride would be very minimal. Would probably kick my feet up and enjoy some Wingo BBQ and have a few cold ones.
You boyz enjoy no matter what direction you take, SJ lays down some EPIC rides. :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I don't think I can take the time off to do the whole thing. So doing just the dual sport portion, I don't really care which end it is on. I can figure out how to get the time off. Whether me or the bike holds up to the whole thing is another story.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

juddspaintballs wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:10 pm I don't think I can take the time off to do the whole thing. So doing just the dual sport portion, I don't really care which end it is on. I can figure out how to get the time off. Whether me or the bike holds up to the whole thing is another story.
:lol2: You won't be alone.
450 or that other bigger orange bike?
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

It looks like the 450 is the better bike for this, so that is what I'll use.

I wish I had the money to buy a lighter woods weapon so the 450 can remain my hardcore DS bike and the big Katoom more suited for stuff like the BDR's.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:03 pm

My thought was to do the single track days first while we are still fresh. For me at least, the dual sport riding is at a more relaxed pace and less tiring then the single track which I only seem to be able to ride at race pace. However, after 5 days of dual-sporting, I am not sure I will be as psyched to climb on the dirt bike vs the other way around

SJ

Okay, Ill try and make it work. I really want to do the whole KAT trip. I may have to skip BuffaloMountain.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

I'm very certain I will join the buffalo mountain part of the trip but doubt I can take the rest of the week for the KAT.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BDMaha wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:14 pm I'm very certain I will join the buffalo mountain part of the trip but doubt I can take the rest of the week for the KAT.
Ok, added to you to the list.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 am First off this is not a thread about Trials bikes. Any mention of those gay fukin things in this topic and we might as well change the name of this forum to something besides Dual-Sporters and Adventurers (I have some suggestions). If you don’t like my bad attitude, stay out of this thread, there is no need for you to comment. If you like riding real motorcycles, read on….

A couple of year’s ago something like ten of us did the KAT in the counterclockwise direction. It was a great trip. Here is a link to that trip:The KAT

We staged out of Matewan and it killed me to be right at the foot of Buffalo Mountain with only a big 650. This time we are going to bring all the appropriate weapons and do it all!
Tentative Itinerary:
Sat 7/18 – drive to Matewan
Sun 7/19 - Get out your dirt bike of choice – ride Buffalo Mountain.
Mon 7/20 – more punishing dirt biking riding of the HM trails.
Tues 7/21 to Sat 7/25 – exchange dirt bike for dual-sport bike and off on a 5 day loop of the Kentucky Adventure Trail. Clockwise this time; it will look totally different the opposite direction (not that I would remember much of it from before anyway).
Sun 7/26 – drive home. Exhausted and with lots of good stories.

You are welcome to join in for any parts of this trip that tickle your fancy. Come for just the dirt biking, come for just the dual-sporting or come for just the drinking and eating. Everyone is welcome regardless of skill level, experience or even if you own a trials bike.

Put these dates on your calendar now; tell the wife we will celebrate whatever anniversary/birthday/Hallmark holiday before or after you leave\get back. Carpe diem the ride boyz!

SJ

Attendees:
The Full Enchilada:
1. SJ
2. Bucho
3. J-Sr aka Bunches
4. J-Jr (??? let us know)
5. Wingfixer
6. Phoo
7. Firebolter
8. Repoe (Bud of Firebolter)
9. AAI (maybe not all of the KAT though)

Hatfield McCoy ST only:
1. BDMaha

The KAT DS only:
1. Laoch
2. Jed (?maybe?)
3. DaScrub
4. Marylander (maybe in part)
can I get on the list maybe list? probably just the KAT DS?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

So, do we hope/think all this stuff will be over by end of July?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Personally I am really hoping so!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.