I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirt/Trials Ride, 1/23

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Dirt/Trials Ride, 1/23

Post by smdub »

I was merely pointing out (w/ a picture) that they couldn't provide pictures as the ride is on the 23rd and at the time of the posts was still the 22nd. Was poking fun as you commented on the weather too. I couldn't get to a calendar to take a pic w/ my phone so just screenshot the cal app. Sorry it has the kiddo's schedule on it. Maybe my humor was too subtle?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

smdub wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:49 am I was merely pointing out (w/ a picture) that they couldn't provide pictures as the ride is on the 23rd and at the time of the posts was still the 22nd. Was poking fun as you commented on the weather too. I couldn't get to a calendar to take a pic w/ my phone so just screenshot the cal app. Sorry it has the kiddo's schedule on it. Maybe my humor was too subtle?
I am just a dumb dirt mover....shoot me. Well I hope they are having fun today (the 23rd) Is it the weekend yet?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

x2 on the weekend getting here! I've been under the weather on/off for 2 wks but am going to go up to the York vintage show on Sun as the wife & kid are taking a weekend trip to go snow tubing.
Looking forward to pics from Phil & Twist's adventures today:)
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Twist (Wes) officially getting some itch reliefImage
Good to meet you, weather wasn’t bad at all. It’s the riding on ice cubes was very challenging lol. Always a good time Phil thanks@Laoch no loop over this time brother, did the reverse loop this time 12am kind, I think Wes has a video Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

This is what is was like when we arrived and I switched on the 4WD in my F-150:

The driveway was a sheet of packed ice that when we returned from a loop on the bikes and everyone handled OK but me. I looped Bucho's Beta X-trainer and couldn't even stand up there to pick it up!

I think Bucho has some photos and maybe some video of our rides. I was so overwhelmed with excitement that I didn't get my phone out until we were showing off in the field where we parked. Well, Bucho and aai where showing off. I was too gassed by then to even contemplate any antics.

aai had mentioned to me that he'd been looking at the tires but hadn't worked up to try it yet. So I asked Bucho to show us how it's done:

He made it look so easy that aai tried it longways with a kicker but then came back and crossed it from the side a couple of times:

The hours I spent on both the Sherco and the Beta x-trainer very quickly revealed to me what a softie it's made me riding ADV and dual sport bikes. I have to say though that I loved every minute of getting my tookus kicked. This is going to be a challenge for me but isn't anything worthwhile in life? I kinda knew I would be going in to this but I'm hooked.

I can't thank Bucho enough for letting me abuse his bikes for the day. Now, I've got to go get in better shape so I'm not holding you guys back on these rides.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

set the hook! :cheers: Good to see someone else experience a trials bike. It took me just a few laps on Bucho's Sherco to get hooked in much much better riding conditions than your introduction :lol2: :lol2: Thanks for the vids man, finally got the can of courage to hit those tires with a little push from you. Hoping to carry that momentum and try the lego blocks I built that doesn't have a tire print on them yet..too skeered. Probably can hit Little Dipper now, just a bit higher than those tires.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yeah, there was quite a bit more ice up there than I thought there would be. Some spots were fairly clear, most of it was kinda icy, and then some spots were just sheer smooth ice.
Wes did really well for his first go in the woods on a trials bike. "Go ride on the ice and don't fall..."
Sonny came out to play as well. I think we had a good time all in all.

Alot of it, you just had to keep rolling. Couldn't stop
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

This hill defeated us. Sonny tried a different line and got a little further.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »