I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

12/12 Emmitsburg Dirtride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 12/12 Emmitsburg Dirtride

Post by Laoch »

Rut Row wrote:
Bucho wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 am This is the only pic I have of Bruce on his bike.
fell a lot, eh Bruce? :killingme:
ImageImage

Um, no.
I guess I should have had put more air in my front tire. Plenty of rocks up there to get pinch flats.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 am How does Bruce get a flat tire riding in leaves? You guys have been had....Bruce spotted a 4 wheeled couch and let the air out of his tire to have a reason to drive it...probably even had heated seats.

Great pics Phil..
BS excuse or not... I was happy to have Bruce drive the UTV (else I would have had too).
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

Laoch wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:48 am
Rut Row wrote:
Bucho wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 am This is the only pic I have of Bruce on his bike.
fell a lot, eh Bruce? :killingme:
Image[emoji23

You can replace Bruce with Kevin and have a very true statement there! My out of shape @$$ was huffing and puffing on the last loop I did. Plenty of nice frozen tree crossings and even a couple small branches had me picking the bike back up on that one.

Phil, thanks again for the open invite! You did a great job with the trails, lots of variety in them. Plenty of off camber stuff had me on my toes and the ground.

Great to put a few faces with the internet names, great group to ride with! Nice to meet you all!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

KRKid wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:59 pm

You can replace Bruce with Kevin and have a very true statement there! My out of shape @$$ was huffing and puffing on the last loop I did. Plenty of nice frozen tree crossings and even a couple small branches had me picking the bike back up on that one.

Phil, thanks again for the open invite! You did a great job with the trails, lots of variety in them. Plenty of off camber stuff had me on my toes and the ground.

Great to put a few faces with the internet names, great group to ride with! Nice to meet you all!
You did really well Kevin. You had the heaviest bike of the group. Not to mention Bruce, Sonny, and myself were straight up cheating with trials bikes. Picking up the big 4T bike just builds muscle anyway!

That last trail of the day was tough. Just making it, you are doing good. Some of those off angle logs/branches were extra slick with snow over them. The only reason I didnt hit the ground on 1-2 of them is because the trials bike is actually light enough to put a foot down and catch it.
Im glad you are learning to ride off camber lines. That used to freak me out but now I kinda like it.

Ill keep working on trails and adding little pieces. Yeah, Im liking how the place is turning out.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

really glad you have that place Phil. Learning a lot on inclines, getting over the fear of tackling them. Helps when you know the people going ahead of you. Put me down when available for trail cutting/cleaning and such.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:04 am really glad you have that place Phil. Learning a lot on inclines, getting over the fear of tackling them. Helps when you know the people going ahead of you. Put me down when available for trail cutting/cleaning and such.
Yes, its always nice to watch other riders go first. Makes it seem like its at least possible.

I remember one of my very first offroad rides on my DR350 (I was an adult in my 20's). Just some super simple stuff in a field and a super easy trail through some open woods. There was a ditch across the field. I remember being by myself and riding up to this 2-3 ft deep ditch and thinking "no way, I don't think a dirtbike can traverse this..." An hour later there were two neighbor kids there on probably TTR90's. I was sort of following them and I was blown away watching both these kids ride down into the ditch and up the other side.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I'll eventually get my Husky down there and try to keep it upright :thumbup:
Bruce