I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Ride June 10 or 24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Shade Ride June 10 or 24

Post by Marylander »

Ok, I'll probably just go out to Taskers and mosey around.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I did get out to taskers. I was having an off day plus I had no rear brake so I'm glad I didn't drive all the way to shade. I washed the bike as soon as I got home so it's ready for me to see what the deal is with that brake. Stupidly enough I just bought front and rear pads but didn't put them on yet. If I had done that I would have noticed that the rear brake pedal has no effect...

On the way home there was a big slowdown on 81. One of the bus-like RVs, which was pulling a good size utility trailer, had apparently done some off roading and needed a rescue. I think, if I were to buy an RV that cost more than my house, I would be more careful with it...
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The likelihood of me going to shade on the 24th is tiny now. I went in for xrays this morning as I probably have a cracked rib or two...
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Marylander wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:16 pm The likelihood of me going to shade on the 24th is tiny now. I went in for xrays this morning as I probably have a cracked rib or two...
I've had busted ribs a couple of times. Once it was so bad I was praying for Jesus to just come take me. It'll be about 8 to 10 weeks before you're ready to fall again. Take it easy and heal up and don't make it any worse.

Now, speaking of Shade - I'm assuming this is Shade Mountain in PA? It looks good that I could get away for that - maybe bring another buddy with me on another WR250R. I'll watch here for details if you don't mind me jumping in on the ride?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Twist wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 pm I've had busted ribs a couple of times. Once it was so bad I was praying for Jesus to just come take me. It'll be about 8 to 10 weeks before you're ready to fall again. Take it easy and heal up and don't make it any worse.
I got my xray results and, thankfully, my ribs are just bruised. I may also have some torn/stretched intercostals (? the muscles between the ribs). So, about half the time to recover as a break but still hurts like a mofo. I sneeze almost every day and that's the worst...
Twist wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 pm Now, speaking of Shade - I'm assuming this is Shade Mountain in PA? It looks good that I could get away for that - maybe bring another buddy with me on another WR250R. I'll watch here for details if you don't mind me jumping in on the ride?
Yep, shade mountain in PA. I'm going to try to get out there as soon as I'm feeling better. You're definitely welcome to come out.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I finally checked out the rear brake followed by ordering a rear rotor and disc guard. Seems I was wrong in thinking a disc guard was a waste of money. :killingme: