SJ Michigan Trip 20-25 July 2019

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Post Reply
User avatar
Skinny-J
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:05 pm
Contact:

SJ Michigan Trip 20-25 July 2019

Post by Skinny-J » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Hey Darrell,

I know we were talking about this last summer in CO so I started doing some research. The 6 Days does look cool but I think we are gonna put our own DAMN version of a Michigan tour together. I have been reading about the Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trail (MCCCT) and different areas (in the LP) like Evart, Tomahawk, Ambrose Lake/West Branch, Big O, White Cloud, etc.. Right now we are leaning towards a 4 day rolling tour of these different areas with a day for travel on each end. From my research, some of these areas are former places the 6 days has actually gone.

There are pros and cons to the 6 Days vs doing our own tour so we have intentionally picked the same dates as the 6 Days for our trip so we can still jump in if we change our minds. LMK if you (or anyone else) wants in on the SJ Tour of Michigan; else we can compare stories from each ride when we get back (keeping in mind the SJ stories will include Wingfixer!)

Thank,
SJ

IN:
1. SJ
2. WF
3. Phoo
4. Bucho
5. Jed
6. Nobody
7. J Sr.
8. Jacob
9. 22
10. Firebolter

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by juddspaintballs » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm

I want to do the SJ Tour of Michigan :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2599
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Sounds EPIC
2018 TRS RR 250
2013 Husaberg 300
1986 Fantic 301
1985 Yamaha TY 350

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 4883
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by Bucho » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Im a definite maybe. Hoping to make this an “absolutely yes” shortly.


Skinny J, is this going to be a plated 2T ride. Or should I plan on bigger 4Ts? Either one is fine, just wondering as Ill probably start budgeting for some TLC for my Big Suzy
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3601
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by Wingfixer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Bucho wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Im a definite maybe. Hoping to make this an “absolutely yes” shortly.


Skinny J, is this going to be a plated 2T ride. Or should I plan on bigger 4Ts? Either one is fine, just wondering as Ill probably start budgeting for some TLC for my Big Suzy
Dude! Do you know skinny j at all?!?!?! If course it's going to be a small bike ride! The knarlier the better!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by juddspaintballs » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:25 pm

I bought a seat pan for my KTM a couple days ago just so I could put a Seat Concepts on it for this trip. I assume we're trailering up there?
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
Skinny-J
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by Skinny-J » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 pm

So from the videos I have watched, I am kinda thinking its alot like the Hammer Run:
[flash=][/flash]

I am not seeing too much gnar, just fast flowy trail. Its still a ways off but my initial plan would not include the YZ but rather the WR 450 with a WR 250 in reserve.

BTW, my apologies to Darrel for diverting love from his 6 Days post, my intention was just to let him know what had evolved since the last we talked about this...

User avatar
Nobody
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by Nobody » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Wingfixer wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 pm
Dude! Do you know skinny j at all?!?!?! If course it's going to be a small bike ride! The knarlier the better!!
That's why I love these rides :loveit:
Skinny-J wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 pm
I am not seeing too much gnar, just fast flowy trail. Its still a ways off but my initial plan would not include the YZ but rather the WR 450 with a WR 250 in reserve.
If you're taking a 450 that only means we others have a faint chance to keep you somewhat in sight :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride

J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

SJ Michigan ride

Post by J&J » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Wingfixer wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 pm
Bucho wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Im a definite maybe. Hoping to make this an “absolutely yes” shortly.


Skinny J, is this going to be a plated 2T ride. Or should I plan on bigger 4Ts? Either one is fine, just wondering as Ill probably start budgeting for some TLC for my Big Suzy
Dude! Do you know skinny j at all?!?!?! If course it's going to be a small bike ride! The knarlier the better!!
:knary:

J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Six Days of Michigan 20-27 July 2019

Post by J&J » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Nobody wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Skinny-J wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 pm
I am not seeing too much gnar, just fast flowy trail. Its still a ways off but my initial plan would not include the YZ but rather the WR 450 with a WR 250 in reserve.
If you're taking a 450 that only means we others have a faint chance to keep you somewhat in sight :lol2:
:dirtdog: Maybe I ought to be checking out that big bore kit :think:
Ehh wouldn't help

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest