I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Adventure Bike Training 2019

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Lightyear68
DAMN n00b

Adventure Bike Training 2019

Post by Lightyear68 »

Any riders here interested in the Adventure bike training course at Bald Eagle this summer?

I'm not including the specifics because I'm new to the forum and don't want to give the impression that I'm advertising for the course.

But it would be great to have one or more people to go with--especially the 2.5 hour ride up and back.

Riding to Bald Eagle June 21, training 22-23, and riding home late afternoon June 23.
Buzz

Yamaha XT250
Harley Iron 883
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Adventure Bike Training 2019

Post by juddspaintballs »

Could you be more specific?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Lightyear68 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am Any riders here interested in the Adventure bike training course at Bald Eagle this summer?

I'm not including the specifics because I'm new to the forum and don't want to give the impression that I'm advertising for the course.

But it would be great to have one or more people to go with--especially the 2.5 hour ride up and back.

Riding to Bald Eagle June 21, training 22-23, and riding home late afternoon June 23.
it's okay. go ahead and post it. otherwise how are we to know of something coming up? Just don't spam otherwise you'll get a warning from the Benevolent Dictator.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Define "adventure bike".

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Lightyear68
DAMN n00b

Post by Lightyear68 »

Here's the email I received from MSF Rider Coach Alain Kaldewaay of Explor-Int:

Alain has explained to me that this training is for riders to improve skill on big adventure bikes [GS, Tiger, Africa Twin etc], not lighter enduros. That training would be the Dirt Bike School and Trail Riding School.

Announcing an Adventure Off-Road Motorcycle Training Weekend here in Spring Mills, PA, located about 3 hours from Philadelphia at our popular Motorcycle Dual Sport Resort - Bald Eagle, Pa State Forest. This is a great venue for the Training Weekend. It features the varying terrains required to learn Adventure Riding Skills.

Riding your own ADV Motorcycle, the two-day program is designed to maximize every rider's ability on dirt, gravel or other non-paved surfaces. Alain Kaldewaay, a Certified Professional Rider Coach will be the lead instructor for this event.

The two days will be packed with Motorcycle Setups and instructions, Closed Range Exercises and instructor led and supervised rides to put the newfound skills to use.

In order to provide a personalized safety level, class size is limited to 12 participants. Take advantage of this unique opportunity and reserve your spot early as our previous events have sold out.

What:
Adventure Motorcycle Off-Road Training Weekend, featuring professional Rider Coach, Alain Kaldewaay of Xplor-Int Adventure Off-Road Motorcycle School, PA.

( ".....This will be a good time and worth the money for a lot less money than the BMW off-road class. Highly recommend Alain and the Xplor crew. He is good at reading the students and addressing your individual levels.....")

Where:
Sand Mountain Rd
Spring Mills, PA 16875
https://www.xplor-Int.com

When:
June 19 ~ June 23
Training Days will be June 22 & June 23

Time:
Class is from 8am-4:30pm both days

Cost:
$689.00 PP for 2 days
Double Occupancy, Cabin lodging two nights included

Food:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner available in town.

Riders are required to wear full protective gear including helmets, gloves, riding jacket, riding pants and boots that protect the ankles. Knobby tires are recommended. This course is intended for intermediate road riders looking for an introduction to beginner off-road riding.
Buzz

Yamaha XT250
Harley Iron 883
Lightyear68
DAMN n00b

Post by Lightyear68 »

Laoch wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:11 am Define "adventure bike".
The heavy "adventure touring bikes" like the GS, Tiger, and Africa Twin.

I'm an expert MSF-certified Rider Coach on the street, intermediate rider on a dual sport off road [like the DRZ400] and a novice on my Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. It's a steep learning curve: weight, center of gravity, electronics, gearing, panniers, tires etc]. I attempt to ride it like a dual sport and that usually ends with me on the ground feeling humble.

Here's a decent website comparison: https://www.atomic-moto.com/blogs/news/ ... -adventure

This amateur video shows my actual Tiger 800 model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZlbV0vtd1o
Buzz

Yamaha XT250
Harley Iron 883
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Too spendy for me
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

For half that money I will be happy to guide you around Shade Mountain and even fetch your busted off parts.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote:For half that money I will be happy to guide you around Shade Mountain and even fetch your busted off parts.
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce