I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2019 Rides and Events

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 2019 Rides and Events

Post by Skinny-J »

BamBam wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm What is the story on the Foggy Mountain endure? Something about it being merged with another race?
The Foggy Mtn was typically held in June in Blain PA, a good ole PA rock run. However, last year it was cancelled and from what I heard it was from lack of volunteers in the club who put it on.

The Moonshine was typically held in September up near Brandonville, PA, an even rockier PA rock run. From a post a while back on ECEA, I got the impression they were having problems with people riding the trails at other times other than the event and pissing off land owners. Its all kinda open coal country and the wild west so who knows. I am just speculating here but I am guessing they lost access.

So the result as I understand it is that the Moonshine Enduro has been "moved" over to Blain in June where the Foggy Mtn used to be run and its now a joint effort between both clubs. Its a shame to loose any riding area or event but that's the state of riding today; lack of access and lack of people to volunteer their time.

Wish I could hit the "new" Moonshine on the old Foggy Mtn trails but we have a camping trip scheduled with the kids that weekend. Hopefully you and some others go and help make it a success.

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

@Laoch - are you updating the DAMN Calendar when rides are added?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I will be :lol2:

I gotta weed out the "gay" events :deal:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:02 pm I will be :lol2:

I gotta weed out the "gay" events :deal:
What! Leave them. Enduros ate listed
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
2way2wheels
DAMN n00b

Post by 2way2wheels »

FYI

Aug Michaux Dual Sport
Sunday, August 18, 2019
All day
Registration is now open but spots are limited, click below to register before it's sold out...
https://www.dvtrailriders.org/michaux-dual-sport-2019
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

2way2wheels wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:13 pm FYI

Aug Michaux Dual Sport
Sunday, August 18, 2019
All day
Registration is now open but spots are limited, click below to register before it's sold out...
https://www.dvtrailriders.org/michaux-dual-sport-2019
There's only 299 spots open as if yesterday afternoon! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Dirt/DualSport Aug 2

Post by Twist »

Lightyear68 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:16 pm I'm in as one of the new guys to the group. I'll stand by for the starting place and time. Looking forward to making new friends and exploring some new riding areas.

I've ridden the southern part of Michaux's forest roads a few times, AOAA's East Side once, and look forward to connecting with some riders for the Seven Mountains area of Bald Eagle [assuming this the same as the Sand Mountain Road entry]
Bald Eagle was a great place to ride for a couple of days. We based out of Seven Mountains Campground which is less than a 1/4 mile from the Sand Mountain Rd entry in to the trails.
I know the C&D Canal well and would like to show riders the North and South sides...a great day off road with a few cool spur trails if you know where to look.
I'm always up for learning about a new place to ride. I'm headed up to AOAA on Tuesday/Wednesday with a friend and his kids to ride - never been there before and open to advice about the best was to explore there.

Where's the C&D Canal ride based from?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Lightyear68
DAMN n00b

Post by Lightyear68 »

Where's the C&D Canal ride based from?
[/quote]

Sorry for the delay on the reply, work's been crazy busy.

Check out my post from ADV forums on the https://advrider.com/f/threads/c-d-cana ... t-37904399.

Access the North side from the access road across from Chesapeake Rd at Frazer Road, or from Rd 404 and Old Summit.

Access the South Side from Old Summit Bridge Road or Main Street under the Rt13 bridge.

I'll post a ride at the canal soon. Would like to show interested riders around.
Buzz

Yamaha XT250
Harley Iron 883
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Buzz-

I have a plated WR250R that I can bring up for a C&D ride whenever you feel like playing guide. I live on Kent Island, so its not too far.

John
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

This is about an hour and a half from me in Annapolis but looks like a good reason to put a few miles on the GS.

I didn't download it yet but I'm assuming the file you attached to your ADV thread is a GPX file?

Twist
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain