I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Three Springs Enduro - August 5th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Three Springs Enduro - August 5th

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 am I love Rocks. so does my autoclutch!

I am gonna say Star trail. We rode it from American Flag to TP on Friday. I was surprised as after the first gnarly hill right at the beginning, I thought it was actually easier then riding it TO AF like we usually do.....
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:51 pm Holy cow, that looks exhausting and miserable! Who would put a trail in the middle of all those rocks?
Still should be a good feeling if you conquer that :thumbup:
Every day is a good day when you ride
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

It was crazy muddy out there today. I saw Sam once at the start of the day.

I lost a ton of time in the first two checks. I think was like 30 minutes behind by the end of the second check. There were just people and bikes laid out everywhere :screwy: Not saying I was slaying it and wasn't one of those bodies :dry: :lol2:

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:51 pm
Firebolter wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 am I love Rocks. so does my autoclutch!

I am gonna say Star trail. We rode it from American Flag to TP on Friday. I was surprised as after the first gnarly hill right at the beginning, I thought it was actually easier then riding it TO AF like we usually do.....
Yup, but the normal way starting TP side and ending up at Am Flag base. DId you get to ride Teocali? That is SWEET!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice job Joe!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Looks like a lot of riders never made it past the 3rd check. Congrats on finishing a tough race!

Give us some insight please.

Was there really a creek jump with a wooden ramp and wooden bridge?
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

It was muddy :lol2:

There was a ramp across a creek (only a few feet wide) in the 1st section just a couple hundred yards in. The bridge and that jump looked sketchy as f_ck so I just pinned it through the creek and got soaked.

This guy's video shows the start of the first section starting at the 3 minute mark

There was supposed to be a large creek crossing later in the day but it was rerouted due to high water from all the rain.

Random drone footage at the starting area

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Great job Joe. The course was rough, and the check placement was tricky. A real old school enduro. The rain made things a lot more difficult than we anticipated.

Next year, be sure to hit the ramp in the first section. Just a little blip of the throttle, and you pop right over the mud. Also, how did you like the second section? Previous years it was only ridden by the A/B’s, but this year everyone rode it. Also, was the creek in the 4th section challenging?
Member R&T Club, and GMER
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

jgreene wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:02 am
Also, how did you like the second section? Previous years it was only ridden by the A/B’s, but this year everyone rode it. Also, was the creek in the 4th section challenging?
The second section was decent except for every hill being littered with bikes and riders :lol2:

The long creek section was awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: There was surprisingly good traction in the creek and it was one of the easier bits of trail
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0