I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

July 14-15

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
splyn
DAMN n00b

Re: July 14-15

Post by splyn »

I would prefer to start 9am or earlier. I figure beat the heat, any weekend crowds, etc.
Nobody wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:11 am I have to understand my weekend schedule yet, but we can make it one of these days for sure. I'll let you know tomorrow. Also what time do you think you would start?
-------------------------
2015 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Aprilia SXV 550
2001 Aprilia Falco
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough.

Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

splyn wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 am I would prefer to start 9am or earlier. I figure beat the heat, any weekend crowds, etc.
Nobody wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:11 am I have to understand my weekend schedule yet, but we can make it one of these days for sure. I'll let you know tomorrow. Also what time do you think you would start?
I've seen crowds there, but they end on a parking lot. Or a Peters Mill run which is a road, basically :lol2:

But ok, let's do that on Sunday then, turns out I have a thing to do at noon on Saturday at home.

So Sunday 9 am at Tasker's it is :)
I'll be in a white older Sequoia with hitch bike carrier and a yellow-ish DRZ on it.
Every day is a good day when you ride
splyn
DAMN n00b

Post by splyn »

Great! ill see you on Sunday. Ill be in a silver suburban with hitch carrier and a KTM.

I have never been to Taskers before. This is the parking lot, correct?
Edinburg Gap Parking Lot (Tasker's Gap OHV/ATV Complex)
(from Takers Gap OHV page)
Nobody wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:04 am I've seen crowds there, but they end on a parking lot. Or a Peters Mill run which is a road, basically :lol2:

But ok, let's do that on Sunday then, turns out I have a thing to do at noon on Saturday at home.

So Sunday 9 am at Tasker's it is :)
I'll be in a white older Sequoia with hitch bike carrier and a yellow-ish DRZ on it.
2015 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Aprilia SXV 550
2001 Aprilia Falco
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough.

Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

splyn wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:24 pm Great! ill see you on Sunday. Ill be in a silver suburban with hitch carrier and a KTM.

I have never been to Taskers before. This is the parking lot, correct?
Edinburg Gap Parking Lot (Tasker's Gap OHV/ATV Complex)
(from Takers Gap OHV page)
Yes. Here on Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/TAwapwDDrK62
You have to buy a pass before. I've been to two places where you can buy it: Shell https://goo.gl/maps/jCYPJB4zXTs and Exxon https://goo.gl/maps/txWN1uVTthn. Day pass is just 5$ and I have a year pass for 30$
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Have fun, guys! I have a game Sunday morning so I won't be able to make it. Then again, I just found out I have a game Saturday that would limit travel, too. :-/

Patrick

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
splyn
DAMN n00b

Post by splyn »

Had a good ride yesterday. Nobody showed me around and took me on some trails that kicked my ass. In all honesty, it was my choice. probably not the best choice for someone who has not ridden proper technical trails for many years. I heard Taskers was rocky, but i had no idea!! The weather wasnt too hot but it was incredibly humid. It wore me out pretty quickly. Nobody split from me as i needed a break and some easier trails. after the break nobody suggested another trail that was a better choice for me. still technical with all the rocks and such, but a bit higher speed and i started to get more comfortable with off road technique (instead of my road technique that ive burned into my muscles over 20 years). I had a couple get offs due to poor technique and fatigue, which led to even worse technique. all in all a great day and i have the bruises to show it!!

Nobody was a great riding partner. Nobody would check to see if i was still following. Nobody waited a few times for me to catch up. Nobody helped rescue my bike from the weeds preventing it from slipping over a steep grade. I have Nobody to thank for a great day! I cant wait for the next chance for a proper ride.
2015 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Aprilia SXV 550
2001 Aprilia Falco

Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

splyn wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 am Had a good ride yesterday. Nobody showed me around and took me on some trails that kicked my ass. In all honesty, it was my choice. probably not the best choice for someone who has not ridden proper technical trails for many years. I heard Taskers was rocky, but i had no idea!! The weather wasnt too hot but it was incredibly humid. It wore me out pretty quickly. Nobody split from me as i needed a break and some easier trails. after the break nobody suggested another trail that was a better choice for me. still technical with all the rocks and such, but a bit higher speed and i started to get more comfortable with off road technique (instead of my road technique that ive burned into my muscles over 20 years). I had a couple get offs due to poor technique and fatigue, which led to even worse technique. all in all a great day and i have the bruises to show it!!

Nobody was a great riding partner. Nobody would check to see if i was still following. Nobody waited a few times for me to catch up. Nobody helped rescue my bike from the weeds preventing it from slipping over a steep grade. I have Nobody to thank for a great day! I cant wait for the next chance for a proper ride.
I'm glad you liked it :cheers:
Was a great day for me too as my signature states. Too bad I didn't capture you trying to take the shortcut down the slope. :lol2:
Hopefully I'll find some time to put together all I have in a short video. Gotta show you the snake I found. I'm still thinking it was a rattlesnake.