Page 2 of 3

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:35 pm
by juicebox
Is there something I'm missing here? Looking at their website which reads:

"Off-Road Vehicles
The former Green Ridge ORV is permanently closed. "

And then provides a link to St. John's Rock...

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:30 pm
by Bucho
juicebox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Is there something I'm missing here? Looking at their website which reads:

"Off-Road Vehicles
The former Green Ridge ORV is permanently closed. "

And then provides a link to St. John's Rock...
We aren't going offroading.

Just having a goodtime doing some light dualsporting on dirt roads and stuff.

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:31 pm
by Rut Row
juicebox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Is there something I'm missing here? Looking at their website which reads:

"Off-Road Vehicles
The former Green Ridge ORV is permanently closed. "

And then provides a link to St. John's Rock...
that is correct. I heard that the public road parts of the loop are still open and will be checking that out. The plan is to ride the public roads which are gravel. Been a long time since we've done that. Might even do a creek crossing if the creek is low enough

the operative word in the thread title is "easy" :thumbup:

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 am
by Bucho
Too anyone thinking about tagging along to ride. We can meet just off the highway at the 15 Mile Creek exit. At 9-9:15.

I think its just my van and Kirk coming out. If anyone else is coming please let me know so we can wait for you. Not 100% sure where we will set up camp for the day.

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 am
by Marylander
Sounds good to me.

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am
by Bucho
Chilly morning, but weather is looking good.

Going to be a great ride today.

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 am
by Nobody
Bucho wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am
Chilly morning, but weather is looking good.

Going to be a great ride today.
:thumbup:
Have fun. I'll entertain some minister meanwhile :lol2:

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:25 am
by Wingfixer
Nobody wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 am
Bucho wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am
Chilly morning, but weather is looking good.

Going to be a great ride today.
:thumbup:
Have fun. I'll entertain some minister meanwhile :lol2:
When you say, entertain....... :think:

















:peep:

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 pm
by Nobody
Wingfixer wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:25 am
Nobody wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 am
Bucho wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am
Chilly morning, but weather is looking good.

Going to be a great ride today.
:thumbup:
Have fun. I'll entertain some minister meanwhile :lol2:
When you say, entertain....... :think:
No worries, she does look very good for a minister :lol2: and is younger than me :cheers:

Re: Sat 4/21, Easy Ride Greenridge

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:38 pm
by Marylander
We had a good ride today. Thanks for leading, Phil!

I thought this would be a poor substitute for a regular off road ride but I was wrong. It's different but still pretty fun. I kind of regret wearing the gear I normally wear to commute in though. I'm going to have to put the gear back on tomorrow and have my wife hose me down. I'll wear other stuff next time around. It was nice being able to turn the heat on for the first few miles with the group...

This was the first time I've done something other than riding on the road with the wr250x. It worked well. I'll have to see how it does with the 90/10 tires I've got sitting on the shelf for something a bit more off road than we did today.