I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Delaware Enduro April 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Delaware Enduro April 29th

Post by Wingfixer »

Greenbriar is probably the easiest in terms of terrain.. if you can handle the sand. It is the first enduro of the year but that's why we have RAC passes! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

With Greenbrier (the easiest) come and gone... what is 2nd easiest for an old man on an old bike? :killingme:

Next two looks like Delaware and Broad Mountain. Any opinions between the two?
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

If you're looking at me.... I've not done either so I couldn't really advise you. Except to echo what others have said, go, sign up on a late row and treat it like a trail ride... ....with check points. Generally the trails are fun and by the time you get to them well marked. Just have fun!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

BamBam wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:31 pm Hey Marylander, that extra roll chart you have would be great. Where can we meet up?
I work in silver spring and live in brunswick (half way between frederick and charles town).
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

DE and NJ rounds are going to be the easiest. PA/NY are going to be rocky and technical.

Just fyi, if Tough like RORR is a 10, then the RORR enduro is about a 9 :lol2:

Side note, has anybody else here done the TLR? I ran it the first year when it poured and poured and poured rain. Was not enjoyable. I'd like to try it again but those a-holes decided not to have a C class which put out a lot of folks :censored: I think they brought it back this year combined with B, but I haven't really looked that closely at it.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Just fyi, they are doing it all start controls which means you don't need to worry about time keeping.
Our event will consist of possibly 10 four mile long sections. with approx. 25 miles of transfer totaling about 65 to a 70 mile course. The gas stop will be back at the start with a 30 min pause. There is absolutely no time keeping necessary to run this event. All check in to sections will be start controls and all checks out of the sections will be late. Ample resets at the end of late sections plus free time to get to the next section. Our drawing date is April 20th at 7pm. Four per row till the "C" rows than 5 per row allowed. All rows will be filled during drawing--meaning none will be left open for late entries. Riders list, info sheet and route sheet posted no later than April 25th. More info posted later. ***** FYI***** For those who did not enjoy the stick farm sections last year; fear not, cause both of those trails have been eliminated. NO MORE STICK FARMS THIS YEAR.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

So I guess that means I have to get my application in by April 20th and then its a lottery draw for slots??

What would a "stick farm" section have looked like, if it was still being used? Not a term I am familiar with....
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Stick farms are extremely tight trees, generally less that handle bar width apart so you have to wiggle the bars through.

You can still sign up the day of, the drawing is just for sorting out pre entries.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I like Stick Farms. Im skilled at going slow and paddling with my feet...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 pm I like Stick Farms. Im skilled at going slow and paddling with my feet...
I can do that too (well... on the ttr125 ;) ).