I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Delaware Enduro April 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Re: Delaware Enduro April 29th

Post by BamBam »

Yeah, I expect the muddy trail through the woods will be obvious. No worries there. :loveit:

But did you see the route sheet I posted? What do all those abbreviations mean?
If the BT note means blacktop (does it?) most of the instructions are all for BT turns and I won't necessarily see tracks to follow.

And from that sheet, I don't quite understand what happens with miles/time when you go from blacktop to a trail, if that is what this means....

2.15 L TR
2.18 reset to 4.0
3.0 change to 30
4.0 start
Control 9:12

And that thing about the "HERO" thing at 21.8, and a note about RR (railroad track?) at 30.5

Is there someplace where the abbreviations are explained?
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 am Yeah, I expect the muddy trail through the woods will be obvious. No worries there. :loveit:

But did you see the route sheet I posted? What do all those abbreviations mean?
If the BT note means blacktop (does it?) most of the instructions are all for BT turns and I won't necessarily see tracks to follow.

And from that sheet, I don't quite understand what happens with miles/time when you go from blacktop to a trail, if that is what this means....

2.15 L TR
2.18 reset to 4.0
3.0 change to 30
4.0 start
Control 9:12

And that thing about the "HERO" thing at 21.8, and a note about RR (railroad track?) at 30.5

Is there someplace where the abbreviations are explained?
Yeah those abbreviations. I can never find them and as I understand every organizer chooses their own.
Can not figure the BT out. Found some example where BL and BR means bear left or right.
Probably someone experienced here will tell you.

Shouldn't be too hard to explain that somewhere on the top or bottom of the route sheet. Then again probably 99% know all and there's no need.
Every day is a good day when you ride
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

There will be arrows along the route also. And a bunch of other bikes out there to follow.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

So how'd it go?
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Well..... I made it there. And ran through 4 tests before I was beat down and unable to continue.

They had some rain the night (and week prior) so a notoriously swampy course was a muddy slimy mess. Not sure how to run the mud well.

Tight serpentines through cambodian looking jungle, with a deep wet clay rut in the corners. Sometimes my front tire would just push and I'd plop over. One time I caught a tree pretty good with an upper arm and tore through a couple layers of shirt. And then there were some wide open mud marshes with several wavy ruts that grabbed the front tire causing tank slapping moments that were beating me down.

My undoing - was that I kept putting feet down a LOT, and doing more than a little kick starting. So mid-way into the 4th stage my right side hip flexor was done. Could barely get my foot back on the pegs, and was limping along just to finish. Packed it in after that for general safety and well being.

The parking lot at lunch break showed many choosing not to continue. But it was a cool experience and a decent starting point. I hope the course photographers actually got a photo of me riding with feet up. That would be a real collectible. Ha!

Will have to post some video....
2001 Honda XR 200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Goodjob! You survived, thats enough for your first effort.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:

Magic button :deal:

Just watch the first few seconds and you know it really, really sucked
Bruce
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Laoch - What row were you in? That mud hole in your video at 1:12 point was swallowing bikes. It wasn't as bad on my early trip in Row 20

My best moment was coming up with a home-made "roll chart" the night before the race. Ha!

2001 Honda XR 200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I like it, probably take a little more abuse than the ones I keep breaking :lol2:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BamBam wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am Laoch - What row were you in? That mud hole in your video at 1:12 point was swallowing bikes. It wasn't as bad on my early trip in Row 20
:nono:

Just a random vid I found. Good muddy run :thumbup:
Bruce