I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Delaware Enduro April 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Re: Delaware Enduro April 29th

Post by BamBam »

Its OFFICIAL, I am in. No turning back now (unless I get lost in the woods and its by accident). Ha!

The over/under for this first ever attempt is sitting at 20 miles. Right now there is even money whether the bike gives out at that point, or if I do. But making it any further before houring-out will be considered a first small victory.
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm Its OFFICIAL, I am in. No turning back now (unless I get lost in the woods and its by accident). Ha!

The over/under for this first ever attempt is sitting at 20 miles. Right now there is even money whether the bike gives out at that point, or if I do. But making it any further before houring-out will be considered a first small victory.
:thumbup:
Good decision. The target is pretty much reachable, but don't concentrate on it too much. Ride as good as you can and be happy about where you are. Anyway you'll be better at that race than anyone who doesn't ride it :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BamBam wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm Its OFFICIAL, I am in. No turning back now (unless I get lost in the woods and its by accident). Ha!

:thumbup:
Bruce
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Raining now... hope it dries out a bit for the weekend. Got the bike jetted and running great.
Sounds like its two 35 miles loops. Might have to go 35 just to make it back to the truck in order to sneak away. Ha!!!

I figure to extend my range with padded riding shorts and energy gel packets. Should be a good after-action report come Monday :killingme:
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:18 pm Raining now... hope it dries out a bit for the weekend. Got the bike jetted and running great.
Sounds like its two 35 miles loops. Might have to go 35 just to make it back to the truck in order to sneak away. Ha!!!

I figure to extend my range with padded riding shorts and energy gel packets. Should be a good after-action report come Monday :killingme:
:thumbup: good luck!
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BamBam wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:18 pm Raining now... hope it dries out a bit for the weekend.
It wont. IMHO, Delaware is notoriously muddy. Its mostly the time of year and always seems to rain but its partly the soil as well. Be prepared for mud. Run the best knobby you have. If you dont have rad guards, put some panty hose over the rads. Try to avoid the foot peg deep ruts, ie pick your own line, dont just ride in the rut. Keep your gloves dry if possible, carry an xtra pair., etc, etc. Most importantly, take your time and have fun!

SJ
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:24 pm
BamBam wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:18 pm Raining now... hope it dries out a bit for the weekend.
Keep your gloves dry if possible, carry an xtra pair., etc
SJ
Is that really important in a race? I probably lack experience and think that I'm always hot during the ride/race and won't really notice wet gloves. Could be wrong..
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

When your gloves get muddy it gets hard to hold on :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 pm When your gloves get muddy it gets hard to hold on :whoop:
Yup!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

J&J wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 pm When your gloves get muddy it gets hard to hold on :whoop:
OK, never had that problem. Always it was hard to hold on because of lack of technique or fitness. :lol2: