I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2018 DAMN Reunion May 19/20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2018 DAMN Reunion May 19/20

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm
J&J wrote:But yea I’ve done the tent thing, that’s why I have a camper now. That reminds me I better get some propane. And see if I cook breakfast for you again Image2:
Heh, yeah, I'm looking at the eureka slideinn truck campers that are light enough for my half ton while still allowing me to put the bike on a hitch rack.

You should have got the van Kirk! I don't know about luxury, but I'll be sleeping dry in the back.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:00 pm You should have got the van Kirk! I don't know about luxury, but I'll be sleeping dry in the back.
Heh, maybe I just need to treat trucks like bikes, keep buying more... :lol2: Nah, I'm happy with the pickup. The advantage of a camper is that my wife would be happy with it too. She's already decided that she'll take it to the beach with her sister if I get one.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Look at the Four Wheel Campers. The very top of them pops up for interior height, but on the road they hardly have height above the cab. They're also relatively lightweight.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I've looked at the four wheel campers but they're a bunch more money than eureka. If I get one my wife will want a shower, even if just a very small/simple one.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I started out looking at Capri campers. They are nice, small & simple but.... in Texas. No dealers around here & none used around here.
Bought my Lance used, supposed to be light weight but I wouldn’t want it on a half ton. Your welcome to check it out this weekend.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

J&J wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:05 pm I started out looking at Capri campers. They are nice, small & simple but.... in Texas. No dealers around here & none used around here.
Bought my Lance used, supposed to be light weight but I wouldn’t want it on a half ton. Your welcome to check it out this weekend.
Yeah, I looked at the capri too (and really like the wood interior). There are some neat capri builds on youtube. The eureka are similar in that they're also small and simple plus in columbia, tn so about half the distance as capri:
https://www.eurekacamper.com/camper-mod ... ck-camper/

I'm sure the lance is too heavy, they're just too fancy for my light duty truck. Their lightest current model would put me over the limit without me even in the truck (limit of my truck is 1,830 and I still want to carry my bike rather than tow). There are other light options though like the four wheel hawk, caribou lite, bundutec bushbaby, northstar vista, rayzr, rock-a-bye, etc. The eureka seems like a good combo of light, not as crazy expensive, and you can get the tiny shower.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Well...... it won't be dusty! :lol2: :roost: :roost:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:57 am Well...... it won't be dusty! :lol2: :roost: :roost:
At least my salt encrusted street bike has been rinsed clean. There were some trails out there last year that were a bit under water. Should be interesting this time around...
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

How difficult are the trails there? I want to come out but don’t feel like beating the hell out of myself Saturday since that is happening Sunday at the cove.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

drtjumper wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am How difficult are the trails there? I want to come out but don’t feel like beating the hell out of myself Saturday since that is happening Sunday at the cove.
Except for a few sections nothing harder than the cove. There's trails for all levels of riders though. If you're being the alta I'll trade you a lap for the beta!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.