I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2018 DAMN Reunion May 19/20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2018 DAMN Reunion May 19/20

Post by Nobody »

And big thanks again to Bucho and Marylander for the provided bike. It was perfect for her first try. :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Very cool, I'm glad it worked out. That's one bike I don't anticipate ever getting rid of...
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Image that DAMN campsite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Had a fantastic time! Lots of good single track there, now, *and* we were able to find it! (To be fair, they knew where it was but last time I went, a few years ago, we had troubles.)

Have some pictures!

And because the other photo of the fire made it look like were weren't hellion pyromaniacs --

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Nobody wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 am
Bucho wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:16 pm [..] Lots of offcamber and would have to hop a small log. Was tricky to not have either wheel skid/slip on the wet logs. Still great trail.

[..]
You're making this sound so easy! :lol2:
I had a lot of challenge to do all the single trail we did in the first run after I arrived. Muddy rock climbs, skewed muddy logs, off-chamber logs and rocks, some unconquered hill climbs (one of them yielded before SJ alone) and that's only if I mention the pretty things :killingme:
Still it was a lots of fun as riding always is. After that I was staying with my coworker (if all of them were that good looking :killingme: ). She was blasting it on a Marylander's TTR. Great bike for a first try! She did hill climbs I was proud to do a year ago. On her FIRST run on a dirt bike and one of the first runs on a motorcycle at all. I'm kinda ashamed and proud for her at the same time :thumbup: :cheers:
All in all i was the great time out as i always is. The weather was stunningly good. I did not expect sun at '70s after a week of rain in D.C.
I thought she did really well for never being on a bike also. The TTR is the perfect bike to start out on. Really glad she had a good time and the same for everyone else. Hope to see you all a couple more times this year or again for the reunion next year. :cheers:
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Well it took me seven tries today but I made that he’ll climb on the black diamond single track! After that I finished out the top but it looks like everybody missed A lot of the trail because it wasn’t broken in. I will be taping off areas where people got messed up and trying to get some guys to break it in before next weekend… I have some video of the hill climb if I figure out how to post it I will.
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Loosescrew wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 pm Well it took me seven tries today but I made that he’ll climb on the black diamond single track! After that I finished out the top but it looks like everybody missed A lot of the trail because it wasn’t broken in. I will be taping off areas where people got messed up and trying to get some guys to break it in before next weekend… I have some video of the hill climb if I figure out how to post it I will.
:thumbup: Awesome! I'm looking forward to some new single track! Thanks for leading us around!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Looks like a good time. If Tiger Nuts had trouble on a hill, then it was a real hill.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Did anyone climb the hill climb on the single track near shamrock? It was right after a rock ledge and you had to make a left hand turn straight up the hill. I had a half worn Pirelli xcmh and I couldn’t make it. Didn’t look like I was the only one that didn’t as there were a number of tracks that went to the bottom and turned right back onto shamrock.

Just ordered an m5b for that hill!

Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

B00ST00 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:14 pm Did anyone climb the hill climb on the single track near shamrock? It was right after a rock ledge and you had to make a left hand turn straight up the hill. I had a half worn Pirelli xcmh and I couldn’t make it. Didn’t look like I was the only one that didn’t as there were a number of tracks that went to the bottom and turned right back onto shamrock.

Just ordered an m5b for that hill!

Sounds like the same hill. Only Loosescrew made it to the top.
We just used the bail-out without even trying.

We also yielded before one "easier" climb. I can't tell where it was though, was following with no understanding where we ride. Only
Skinny-J conquered it. Others could make it only half way up at best. The bottom of it was on some easy double trail or fire road.
Every day is a good day when you ride