I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 11, 2018

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 11, 2018

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Best memory was a guy who blazed past me and the next time I saw him, his KTM was upside down in a tree :killingme:
Isn't that the best! I too am a relatively slow rider at enduro races, most guys can blaze past me. But I always feel better when two corners down they are off the trail, or they are fumbling in a rock garden, or suck at hill climbs, and I pass them back...

Good for you, you at least went out and gave it a shot!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Results are up http://www.moto-tally.com/ECEA/Enduro/Results.aspx

2nd in C-Vet bitches :deal:

Both S-J and myself finished the day with 44 points, I got him on emergency points though :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm Results are up http://www.moto-tally.com/ECEA/Enduro/Results.aspx

2nd in C-Vet bitches :deal:

Both S-J and myself finished the day with 44 points, I got him on emergency points though :lol2:
OK, NOW TELL ME HOW TO DO THAT SITTING DOWN ON THE BIKE?!! :lol2:
I was riding most of my race standing and got often passed by the guys just sitting down and blasting it. If I try to do that, I get bounced on those roots/whoops and am considerably slower than standing. I could imagine some of it is the bike, but I don't think it is to that degree..

Still I'm pretty happy with my result, but I'm thinking if I should move to Bsen40+ class :shrug:
Was 18th on Csen40+, would've been 15th with my result in B, if I've got the way it counts.

Actually can anyone tell me why I'm in "Overall short", but can't find myself in "Overall Long" ? Still 123 In "Overall short" out of 267 I feel like a winner :lol2: This time I didn't take any stops to rest, I just rode on my pace all the time. That's an achievement to me :cheers:
Last edited by Nobody on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

And now some pics :cheers: (Right click/Open in new tab will give you the full res pic)
Bruce (I think) Is moving so fast I can't get him in frame focused! :lol2:

Wasn't too warm, but I never was freezing while riding except the last couple of miles on the road to the finish.

Another ghost.

Tried to get a good pic in dark, I think I succeeded :cheers:
Last edited by Nobody on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

And today

WF happy to assist KTMs :lol2:

Last edited by Nobody on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Anyone have GoPro footage?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:33 pm Anyone have GoPro footage?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It's forbidden on TriCounty rides :(
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I had help from WF. Beta power on the Freeride.Image

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Nobody wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 pm

OK, NOW TELL ME HOW TO DO THAT SITTING DOWN ON THE BIKE?!! :lol2:
I was riding most of my race standing and got often passed by the guys just sitting down and blasting it. If I try to do that, I get bounced on those roots/whoops and am considerably slower than standing. I could imagine some of it is the bike, but I don't think it is to that degree..

Still I'm pretty happy with my result, but I'm thinking if I should move to Bsen40+ class :shrug:
Was 18th on Csen40+, would've been 15th with my result in B, if I've got the way it counts.

Actually can anyone tell me why I'm in "Overall short", but can't find myself in "Overall Long" ? Still 123 In "Overall short" out of 267 I feel like a winner :lol2: This time I didn't take any stops to rest, I just rode on my pace all the time. That's an achievement to me :cheers:

A/B guys had an extra test at the end of the day that us C guys didn't do, hence long vs short course.

Just stick with C. If you move yourself to B, you have to race B in everything. Also I'd rather earn the bump up to B than self promote.

Also there were 40 guys in C40 and 20 in B40. You would have been the 15th only because the rest of the guys didn't do all the tests/checks whereas in C you finished 18th but beat out 8 other people who did all the tests by being faster than them.

You'll learn when you can sit vs having to stand. Suspension set up plays a big part in it. If the bike can't soak up the bumps, it will transfer it straight to your ass when sitting. So sit on the smoother bits and and stand when it gets rough.

May want to consider taking a class if you want to learn by doing. Some of us have done the Dirtwise class and it definitely helps.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

gots_a_sol wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 am
Just stick with C. If you move yourself to B, you have to race B in everything. Also I'd rather earn the bump up to B than self promote.

You'll learn when you can sit vs having to stand. Suspension set up plays a big part in it. If the bike can't soak up the bumps, it will transfer it straight to your ass when sitting. So sit on the smoother bits and and stand when it gets rough.

May want to consider taking a class if you want to learn by doing. Some of us have done the Dirtwise class and it definitely helps.
I wasn't really considering a "B" class, just fooling ;)
But wasn't that last test for "A" only?

I was not capable to find those smooth bits to sit :lol2:
My bike's suspension is not right for sure, every other bikes I've tried was much more firm than my is. But I'm not going to invest in the drz. It would be a waste of money, I'm not so attached to it. I'm considering to change it to another.
Btw, if you guys want to sell a bike, where do you advertise it. I know just craigslist and advrider.
And do you know if a street titled drz400e can still be registered for road use in nearby states?

Class would be good, but the prices are kinda high. I still learn something each ride and ask stupid questions to understand things. I know my big problem is turning in tight curves. It slows me down a lot. Also could be a bike, but I still have much to learn too :). Just gotta ride :whoop: :roost: :ride: