I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 11, 2018

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 11, 2018

Post by gots_a_sol »

drtjumper wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:39 pm nevermind figured it out. Just waiting on my membership to update I can register. Next thing I guess is to buy some stupid computer.

Oops, proper link here http://www.moto-tally.com/ECEA/Enduro/S ... ation.aspx

Show up and do a few of these before spending the cashola on the computer. The first few I went to by myself (before I bought a computer) I just asked to be put on a row with someone likely to have a computer (B riders usually do). Then I got a roll chart holder and learned how to do timing that way by watching the other guys on the row. Then I bought the computer.

Biggest thing to note on timing, if you see a bunch of people parked out in the woods, there is a reason. Stop and figure out what rows they are on.
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Joe, you know I never do anything the way that makes the most sense! How much actual seat time is there and how much time at the gas stop/lunch. No idea how these things work. I am buying a new bike possibly before the event and want to see if I can use it.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

drtjumper wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 pm How much actual seat time is there

4-6 hours. Probably 80 miles from start to finish depending on the tests and road sections.
drtjumper wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 pm and how much time at the gas stop/lunch.
~20 minutes depending on how you are doing time wise.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Im going to die in the woods....awesome.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Done! See youse guys on row 40!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

drtjumper wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:52 pm Im going to die in the woods....awesome.
:lol2:
Bruce
eley
DAMN n00b

Post by eley »

Hi,

I am a new member, coming up from Baltimore to ride this as my first enduro. I am thinking to enter late - maybe just register onsite - to get a later start so people aren’t constantly trying to pass me and I’m not too much “in the way”. It should be fun I hope, goal is to finish ... maybe ... and above all else have fun trailriding. Hope to run into some of you there. Thanks for running this website because it really helps me find out about this stuff.

If any other beginners with maybe 1-2 years easy/medium trail riding experience want to give this an attempt, email me and we can try to enter together in a later row as beginners. Or I might just register onsite to get a later row.

john.g.eley@gmail.com

John E.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Hi John,

First, welcome!

Second, at a minimum be sure to hook-up with us Saturday night (if you come up before hand like we typically do) for a little pre-ride libations. You will never be any faster than you were the night before the ride bull-shitting with your buddies! Its a big parking area so just text me 443-eight 2 nine-364 seven.

Third, I am not real sure Piledup ever took the 4th spot on row 41 as we ever heard anything more from him. Maybe PM to find out and if its open, you are welcome to jump in with us.

SJ
eley
DAMN n00b

Post by eley »

Ok, let’s see what PiledUp says; if he doesn’t take it I’ll be happy to join you guys in Row 41. Thanks.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Laoch wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:21 pm Help a noob out--other than a bike and helmet what do I really need? :lol2:

Roll chart, stop watch, :shrug: I plan on just riding for fun. Can I be DNF'd?

Where is Joe's thread on this stuff :shrug:
Dirty, sorry just saw this,

If you don't have the fancy pants computer, to maybe have a chance of knowing what's going on:
1. Roll chart holder
2. a regular watch (not a stop watch). If your bike does not have a clock, just buy a cheap digital watch and strap it to your handlebar.
3. a re-setable odometer.

The morning of we will find the official "Key time" displayed on the clubs clock at sign-up. We will then set our clocks to exactly match the Key time; only less the number of rows that we will ride at. We have requested to ride row 41. Therefore when row zero starts at 8:00am Key time, our clock will be at 7:19. When our clock say 8:00am, we ride! We then follow the roll chart. As an example, it will say 13 3.9 18 To translate this, when your clock say 8:13 your odometer should say 3.9 miles (and you should be moving at an average speed of 18mph) to be exactly on time. If you check your odometer at 3.9 miles and your clock says 8:20, you are 7 minutes late. If there was a check at this place in the course, you would receive 7 points. Now, in this particular enduro, you can almost count on them having a "slow" section to try and trick you. For example, if you look down at mile 3.9 and your clock says 8:10 you are now 3 minutes early and IF there was a check at this point, you would get 6 points (2 for every minute early). Then at the end of a section when you "check-out", the roll chart will tell you to advance you odometer to a certain mileage without actually moving, this is how everyone gets put back "on-time" (and the slow guys get caught up).

Now that all sound complicated so don't worry so much about it and just ride. However, knowing the above, if you do try to figure this out as you go along, it will all make a lot more sense. The one thing you will really need the roll chart and watch for is to know when to start the next section. Since this isn't a "start-controls" format, you can actually loose points if you show up to the start on each section early or late. Just look around at the numbers on the other bikes waiting to start and that will give you an ideal of what's going on; that and stick with the guys on your row....

Good luck and just have fun.
SJ