I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route - Trip 2 May 11-13

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route - Trip 2 May 11-13

Post by Wingfixer »

:dirtdog:

You'll both have to keep up to get lost with me. :deal: :roost: :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

sadly, Wingfixer's SO had a death in the family and he's out. :cry2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Rut Row wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 pm sadly, Wingfixer's SO had a death in the family and he's out. :cry2:
Not a death... Carol's daughter was involved in a pretty bad scooter accident, she's in the ICU in very bad shape. I'm going to go help her out. She was NOT ATGATT. There will be a lecture, as soon as she's awake.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
2smokes
DAMN n00b

Post by 2smokes »

Will keep her in our prayers
It was me, I let the dogs out

2013 Vespa Lx 150... the grocery getter
2016 Ducati 1198 Multistrada Pikes Peak...the curve straightener
2018 Beta 390...the woods mauler
2016 Beta 350 my fly and ride at 3 step hideaway in Moab
2018 Ktm 1290 SAR...for everything else
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 pm
Rut Row wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 pm sadly, Wingfixer's SO had a death in the family and he's out. :cry2:
Not a death... Carol's daughter was involved in a pretty bad scooter accident, she's in the ICU in very bad shape. I'm going to go help her out. She was NOT ATGATT. There will be a lecture, as soon as she's awake.
Sorry you wont make the trip. Glad she isnt dead
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

For those that want to ride together, we'll meet at 0800 Friday morning 5/11 at McDonald's, 517 E Main St, Emmitsburg, MD 21727. Kickstands up NLT 0830 sharp.

Everyone else either be at the gas station or the restaurant noonish Friday.

Kwik Fill, County Rd 115, Lindley, NY 14858
The Lindley Roadhouse, 12 County Rd 115, Lindley, NY 14858

I have no lunch stops planned, we'll figure that out as we go. This is an adventure, not a supervised ride! :lol2:

Reminder! Rain or shine! If you want my cell phone #, PM me.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 pm Not a death... Carol's daughter was involved in a pretty bad scooter accident, she's in the ICU in very bad shape. I'm going to go help her out. She was NOT ATGATT. There will be a lecture, as soon as she's awake.
Dang, that sucks. The lesson will probably be 'don't ride scooters or motorcycles' rather than 'wear some protective gear'. I never see people on scooters wearing any gear other than a helmet and I've seen plenty of unsecured helmets.

I will admit to not being ATGATT myself. I go out to lunch from work (2-3 mile round trip) with helmet, jacket, and gloves but not boots and pants. I got t-boned by a car when I was coming back from work once about 25 years ago. It destroyed my shoei and left me with permanent inner ear/balance issues but I managed to escape other injury. That caused me to modify how I ride (improved awareness/scanning) but wasn't enough to get me to put on more gear to go to lunch. I still haven't decided if I'm stupid or not...
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Dang WF. Sucks. Hoping she pulls through with nothing more than a lesson learned.

To reiterate my dealio-
I can't get out until noon- I'll link up Friday PM. I'm gonna take PA 74 north, then head east/north through Bald Eagle SF towards Lock Haven. I'll end up at McElhattan, you guys should pop out in that area. I'm assuming that you will hit 220 east for the hotel at that point. I have Ken's #.

If it all goes south I'll just meet at the hotel- check-in at 3 pm right :lol2:
Bruce
da scrub
DAMN Wanabe

Post by da scrub »

Bad news, WF, here’s to her speedy recovery.

I’m going to try to meet up with the group at Gaines TS...I think it’s between 70-80 miles into it.

If I can get Steve’s cell#, I can call to see where y’all are around 2 pm Friday.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:52 am Dang WF. Sucks. Hoping she pulls through with nothing more than a lesson learned.

To reiterate my dealio-
I can't get out until noon- I'll link up Friday PM. I'm gonna take PA 74 north, then head east/north through Bald Eagle SF towards Lock Haven. I'll end up at McElhattan, you guys should pop out in that area. I'm assuming that you will hit 220 east for the hotel at that point. I have Ken's #.

If it all goes south I'll just meet at the hotel- check-in at 3 pm right :lol2:
we might be down the street at Henry's Bar BQ :cheers:
Ken