I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route- south- 3/27-3/29

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route - Trip 1

Post by Boom Boom »

Well boyz I will be rolling south (to Tenn) but will have a van load of trials bikes
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 am You boys might want to twist someones arm to load you and bikes up and drop you at the start
I have thought of that.

I haven't priced it out, but I've also thought of splitting a one way/one day Uhaul rental.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 am You boys might want to twist someones arm to load you and bikes up and drop you at the start
thanks for volunteering Mike! what a guy! :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

March 27-29 is doable for me. I work on the 28th, but being mid-week and not yet summer, it should be easy to get leave that day. If not, *cough cough*

I'm also game for slabbing down there in a day. It sucks, but it knocks it out quickly. I've done it on a KLR before. The Wee is a lot better at slabbing it.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Any more interest in this?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I have the 27th-29th off so this is looking good for me! There is a small chance I'd have to make a trip to Florida around that time but I should be able top move that around.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Jed, Patrick, will be awesome to have you both on the trip. We can be a small swift moving scout team.

Like I said in my first post, we can keep an eye on the weather. I'm hoping it works out. But I'm also not afraid to bag the whole trip if the weather looks too crappy a few days before...

It would be cool if we could arrange a "one way drop off" down to bottom end, but we can bang out the mileage on day 1 if we have need to. Sucks, but we can do it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

What do you think we'll do for sleeping arrangements? Will we camp or motel it? If we camp, I'll keep the big boxes on the Wee, but if we motel it, I'll probably leave them home and put a top box back on instead. If we motel it, it's probably going to be easier to put up with poor weather, and anything but a total toad strangler should let us keep the trip on schedule.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Split cheap motel room. If you two really want to camp Ill go along...

Im not as worried about rain as much as some last vestige of winter snow and/or real cold weather.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

Id love to go. Ill split hotels. My parents live In Dublin which is an hour and half north of Damascas but they are right off 81. If someone wanted to leave a car safely down there, it can be left there. They have plenty of land and have agreed to let people leave cars. They also live an hour and half from Hatfiled Mcoy. Id love to go back in a week or so after the trip1 and ride to hatfield and have lunch at riders paradise then ride to top of the world.

Never the less if it is much below 45 I might be not going. ill be riding a dirt bike with a Lynx windscreen and street tires, and street gears. I wimped out on the KAT but I really want to do this.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR