I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route- south- 3/27-3/29

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route - Trip 1

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 am Where does one find the route? I didn't see it in this thread...
I think someone emailed it to you...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Someone musta used an old address... can someone email it to:
Patrick.Whitehead09@gmail.com

Pretty please?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 am Where does one find the route? I didn't see it in this thread...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Thanks Ken! Bucho re- sent the email to me as well. Now, Just gotta get that on my Montana.....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

J&J wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:46 am I would like to go but don’t know when I’ll get my bike back together. Also will need to do some break in before I get on it & blast down the highway.

Late decision for me too, doesn’t look good but maybe.
Just noticed Jacob is on spring break that week but we are going to do a college tour on Monday in South Carolina :think:
Still a big if on getting my bike done... Ehh, prolly won't work :shrug:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:35 am
J&J wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:46 am I would like to go but don’t know when I’ll get my bike back together. Also will need to do some break in before I get on it & blast down the highway.

Late decision for me too, doesn’t look good but maybe.
Just noticed Jacob is on spring break that week but we are going to do a college tour on Monday in South Carolina :think:
Still a big if on getting my bike done... Ehh, prolly won't work :shrug:
You and Jacob could do the trip and keep going south! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm Tire choices are difficult for the Wee. Originally, I wanted to try a TKC80 front and Mitas E-07 rear, but I think I might go for the Anakee Wild tires front and rear instead. I like wet asphalt performance and most of the options that fit the Wee's front are not good performers on wet asphalt. The TKC80 is supposed to be good for that, but wears out quickly on the Wee at the same time. We'll see. I still might go with my original plan of TKC80/E-07 and deal with a worn out front tire as it happens.
On my triumph 800 xc I had mitas e07 on rear and Karoo 3 on front which was very very good in rain and, 100 plus mph, and hard leaning on the asphalt. Now I only had that bike on some mud and a lot of gravel but those tires were great. However I don't think the tkc80 on the front is going to get worn out quickly like you stated. At least that is what I heard they last 8000 miles on front . I put 4000 miles on my tire combination and the karoo showed very little wear, the mitas did wear a bit but it's a cheap tire.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

I'm very excited about this trip and future trips on the route. I bought a paper map and it is extremely detailed showing just where the dirt is but also shows all the gravel or dirt roads for all around the areas. It's a large map but has blow ups for every 150 miles or so.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

BDMaha wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:16 pm I'm very excited about this trip and future trips on the route. I bought a paper map and it is extremely detailed showing just where the dirt is but also shows all the gravel or dirt roads for all around the areas. It's a large map but has blow ups for every 150 miles or so.

Cool man, glad to have you along on the trip. It has been way too long since I had actually ridden with you. I remember that first time at Tasker's Gap!

I was wondering what bike you are bringing? The big Tiger or do you have a smaller thumper dualsport?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
2way2wheels
DAMN n00b

Post by 2way2wheels »

Found a website with map, may be helpful ? https://miles-by-motorcycle.com/136/map ... --gpx-file