I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC or FRO 2018

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

RAC or FRO 2018

Post by Laoch »

Famous Reading Outdoors ---> https://readingoutdoors.com/
Last year's thread to answer questions-->viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4316

Same place, new name, new management for the off-road stuff, new website, maps, etc and a little bit higher price. :deal:
A little birdie told me they are working on camping.

Still a deal for unlimited access to riding, 24/7/365 :cheers:

I slacked this past year, but still made it up there a few times (and I probably live the closest :lol2: ). Last Sunday at the Toy Run renewed my interest.

I'm in, Gene's in. I know SJ, WF and the usual suspects are in. The more the merrier and more riders means more options as far as when to ride and what trails to ride.

We even have a few folks who know which way to go most of the time (not you Sam) :lol2:
:lurker:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: RAC or FRO 2018

Post by Rut Row »

I can't see paying $175 for an annual permit. I wouldn't ride enough there to make it worth my while. Too bad they don't sell day passes.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

Rut Row wrote:I can't see paying $175 for an annual permit. I wouldn't ride enough there to make it worth my while. Too bad they don't sell day passes.
They do. It's 175. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Disaster Racing
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Maybe I'll move to PA when I retire... This is outside of my tolerance for frequent day trip driving. I would be fine with the fee if I lived closer.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

If I can come up with the cash, I'm in. That was great riding on Sunday.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Eh, for me average dual sport/ enduro entry = $50. $175÷50=3.75 visits. You could ride there a dozen or more times and not see the same trail twice (though we do have favorites). Given my schedule I like having high grade single track at my disposal.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:shrug: Do the math, see if it works for you. $25 for the Cove or Mountain Ridge plus expenses, travel time etc. Go to RAC a few times and you're good.
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 pm Eh, for me average dual sport/ enduro entry = $50. $175÷50=3.75 visits. You could ride there a dozen or more times and not see the same trail twice (though we do have favorites). Given my schedule I like having high grade single track at my disposal.
Yeah, the single track is certainly a draw. There isn't any at the cove or taskers. It's the distance more than the cost for me. Seeing how often you guys are getting it there does increase my interest. I'll have to mull it over some more.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Marylander wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 am
Wingfixer wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 pm Eh, for me average dual sport/ enduro entry = $50. $175÷50=3.75 visits. You could ride there a dozen or more times and not see the same trail twice (though we do have favorites). Given my schedule I like having high grade single track at my disposal.
Yeah, the single track is certainly a draw. There isn't any at the cove or taskers. It's the distance more than the cost for me. Seeing how often you guys are getting it there does increase my interest. I'll have to mull it over some more.
The RAC is 3 hours, or $60 in diesel away, the cove I could DAMN near ride the beta to. I haven't been to the cove this year. That should tell you about the difference in riding. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Need to watch the tax sales and property that has been abandoned to a super cheap way to snag a small lot of land in that area for a parking - camping location. Extra bonus would be if close enough that you could road a plated bike to the RAC land.
I just don't ride the enduro bike enough to justify the permit cost plus it helps I have a friend with endless riding just a few miles east of RAC.
RAC is a hell of a value vs what locations like Rausch Creek charge and only have a fraction of the land RAC has.
The gold mine would be to have the land for a campground with drive to RAC access.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr