I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mountain

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: Shade Mountain

Post by Nobody »

Nice riding weather out there :)

Boom Boom sends his greetings to all the :chicken kiss: who didn't come :lol2:

Did just one loop, but anyway it was fun and now I know what kind of trails are there.

Btw, was sitting in the car after you left, changed my clothes and ate my "lunch". Almost was ready to leave and I see 2 guys coming out of the woods. One rolls up and asks if I haven't lost anything. Turns out they found the GoPro. You can call Daxxxxxx or pass the number to the guy who lost the thing. Sorry don't remember all the names.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah that's mine, a session 4 (small square one). It was so foggy/moist I could not wear my goggles for th elast half of the ride, turn to avoid a tree in the eyes and it hit my helmet good, but it was n't till 10 min later I went to turn it on and realized it was gone! Mount and all, the DAMN 3m let go I guess! Thanks!
Lots of cool bikes---
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Firebolter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:45 pm It was so foggy/moist I could not wear my goggles for the last half of the ride, turn to avoid a tree in the eyes and it hit my helmet good
I did that once in the KAT ride last year and got a bruise in the eye (didn't notice the hanging branch). It was PIA for next couple of days when you can't really look at the road with all that sun out there. But when we hit the offroad sections it suddenly went away and did not bother :lol2: .. until next road section.

Did you call the guy?
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Gonna call him today. Thanks again for letting me know and nice to meet you at Shade!
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice to meet and ride with you Janis. You get the DAMN Hardcore award for driving that far to ride a place known for rocks in conditions that look certain to be rain. Well dust sure was not an issue but other than some flowing water and water puddles to deal with it was a typical Shade ride. Rocks and logs were a little extra slick, nice angle log caught me and the bike and I went different directions...bit stuffed up today from that landing. The signs are posted where the logging activity is and what trail is closed but just a small sign posted...the trail is not blocked off...however do not ride it. The only section we have lost to logging is the center trail from the bail out cross trail over to Diamond. The Center trail that we still have to ride is currently blocked by a large tree but I expect one of the trail masters will have that open by next weekend. Enjoy the trails prior to the spring closure.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Firebolter wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:16 am Gonna call him today. Thanks again for letting me know and nice to meet you at Shade!
Likewise :thumbup:
Boom Boom wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:01 am Nice to meet and ride with you Janis. You get the DAMN Hardcore award for driving that far to ride a place known for rocks in conditions that look certain to be rain.
Look at my signature. I just wanted to have a great day which I did :cheers:
Recently bought a new equilibrium, but looks like it is too early to change it. The old one still does a good job. :lol2:

P.S.The main problem in wet conditions is bad vision. Are there any High tech goggles that would not fog up at all? Or I just need to wake up and stop dreaming?! :lol2:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Look into the Scotts dual pane goggles.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Logging in for the first time in forever to thank you guys for only sending the men's division of Damnriders :thumbup: it wasn't the kind of day for babysitting :lol2:
Nobody wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:24 am
P.S.The main problem in wet conditions is bad vision. Are there any High tech goggles that would not fog up at all? Or I just need to wake up and stop dreaming?! :lol2:
Good meeting you Janis, you fit right in with the group of nutters.

Dual pane goggles is the trick, I had no problems seeing though mine yesterday. I'd suggest buying yourself a cheap set of Smiths and replacing the pane with a set of dual panes. For some reason, at least a couple years ago, it's cheaper than buying the Smiths with the dual pane already in them . Do your homework for what fits into what model but you're looking for something like this.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Longboardr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:06 am Logging in for the first time in forever to thank you guys for only sending the men's division of Damnriders :thumbup: it wasn't the kind of day for babysitting :lol2:
There is a trick if you want to ride lika a man! You just need to subscribe for a DAMN tee viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4589! :killingme:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Janis, I talked to Dave. All good! Dave asked if you could please delete your post with his cell phone number? Thanks again!
Lots of cool bikes---