I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MidWeek EasyDualsport Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The weather is looking pretty good this Thursday 11/02.

I'm going to take my 650 out for an easy/fun dirtroad ride. For these type of rides, I'm perfectly fine going by myself but I thought I'd throw it out to the group. Most of our posted rides tend to be hauling our little 2Ts out for gnarly offroad. And I figured we needed some "official" easy dualsport rides.

I have a route in mind, Thursday morning we can meet up somewhere in Frederick Co. Make our way on cool twisty backroads and few dirt roads up to the Michaux State Forest. We can explore the many dirt roads they have in the area. And be back to Frederick area in time for dinner.

I could also be easily talked into heading out to Greenridge State Forest in western MD. From my house in Myersville its just under an hour via my awesome VANOWAR. There are miles and miles of cool dirt roads out there.

Street legal bike is a must. I'll have my dirt wheels on my bike, but this ride would be doable on my motard wheels. This is big bike appropriate if you wanted to bring a massive huge multi cylinder ADV bike.

Let me know if we have any interest. And we can finalize the riding plans.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: MidWeek EasyDualsport Ride

Post by juddspaintballs »

Well, probably, yes.

I'll ride the Wee with street tires and big panniers to work on Wednesday. I get off of work Thursday morning and I can head up to Fredneck straight from work. Street tires, but it's not the first time I've taken it in inappropriate places.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I’m in. Meet for breakfast somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Cool guys, glad we have some interest!

Jed, the WeeStrom w/ slicks should fine. It may rain the day before but shouldnt be a big deal.

As far as breakfast goes Im out (sorry, Im more broke than usual). But dont let me stop you guys from having breakfast before we meet up.

I can meet as early as 0845, if we start from Myersville. (There are two gas stations and two fastfood right at RT 17 and I70. Or the Old Town Diner .2 miles into town.

Or we can get started slightly later from Frederick, 0915-0930? There is a Sheetz just off RT 15, Rosemont exit.

Let me know what you guys want to do.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Just tell me where to meet you. I usually get relieved around 0630 in south Rockville, so I can be there early, I can sleep in a bit, or I can get breakfast on the way up. I could probably even meet Brent on the way up and eat breakfast with him if that's what he wants to do.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Okay guys. Lets call it 0900 at the Exxon station just off 70 on RT17.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

OK. Brent and I are going to meet at the Old Town Diner down the street for breakfast at 0800. Front wheels up at 0900 from the Exxon! :lol2:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Brent and I started off the day at the Old Town Diner in Myersville. The food was decent. At 0855, we headed to the Exxon expecting to see Phil waiting on us. We filled up, and waited. A couple minutes later we heard several loud pops as Phil rolled in down the hill into the station with fogged up glasses and a poorly running DR650. After he filled up, his bike would not start, so he decided to roll it down the hill out of the gas station going against traffic in the turn lane so he could bump started it. After several attempts at it without success, he found himself at the bottom of the hill with nothing left to do but push it back to the top. Shortly thereafter, the Frederick County Sheriff Deputy who was at the gas station across the street came over and lit Phil up. :lol2: After some friendly poking fun at Phil for having a bad start to the day from the LEO, he left and Phil tried the bump start thing again without success. Finding himself at the bottom of the hill again, I rode down to him and let him ride my bike to his house so he could retrieve the Van-O-War. We loaded up and headed to his place so we could take his carb apart.

DAMN start of the day:

After Phil's bike came back to life, we headed out to ride around 1045. We rode pavement, gravel, tar and chip, one stream crossing, and some almost dirt roads. A couple of years ago, I never would have attempted to ride the big Wee on these types of roads, especially with massive panniers and street tires.

Phil and Brent decided to take a dead-end rocky trail while I waited.
(Phil's pictures)

Something Phil found at the end of his road:

And as they rode back to where I was waiting:

Good ride today, Phil. Thanks for leading us around. We started somewhere in Frederick County and wound up in Michaux.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Jedd found a new love while we were trying to revive Phil’s steed. It tried to kill him at first but he managed to tame the mighty beast before long. https://youtu.be/M6GLLvqDU0Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Getting his bike fixed was Phil's intent from the get go :lol2:
He learned maintenance from Sam :lol2: :lol2:

:peep:

Glad you guys got a good ride in...great weather.
Bruce