I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WATR Fall Trail Ride - November 26

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: WATR Fall Trail Ride - November 26

Post by Rut Row »

pics?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Not much up on the FB page yet.

JT motorsports had an Alta on site for demo rides and I'm super bummed I missed that.

I saw this crazy looking thing come in on a hitch carrier but was swamped making people sign their lives away and couldn't snag a pic http://www.newtechdev.com/awd.html

I spent the majority of my day after manning the front entrance sleeping in my trailer after spewing chunks all over the woods next to my truck :shrug: Finally felt decent enough to putt around at about 2:30, so I only did 3 short loops and then ran sweep on the long loop. Yay :dry:
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Huh, I didn't realize JT was selling Alta.

There's something to be said for form following function but the front end on that 2wd thing makes me want throw dust into my eyes for relief.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm Huh, I didn't realize JT was selling Alta.

There's something to be said for form following function but the front end on that 2wd thing makes me want throw dust into my eyes for relief.
I'll be the first to admit I wont be spending any of my $$ on some crazy 2WD design. BUT I think its cool that someone is spending the R&D $$ on new ideas that could eventually trickle down into really cool stuff for riding.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 pm I'll be the first to admit I wont be spending any of my $$ on some crazy 2WD design. BUT I think its cool that someone is spending the R&D $$ on new ideas that could eventually trickle down into really cool stuff for riding.
Oh, yeah, I definitely agree. I do think it's a hard road to take if the thing is ugly though. Even at my stage in life I want my bike to look "cool".
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Davej, A DAMN rider, has a Christini system on a KTM 300. I got to ride it a couple times. The all wheel drive system worked well and the bike looked nearly stock. I like the ability to turn the front wheel drive on when you need it.

That system looks like a step backwards. It also looks like something I could break, easily.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:31 am It also looks like something I could break, easily.
Hard to IMAGINE YOU BREAKING anything :killingme:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

What a waste of engineering effort, everyone knows if you need more traction just get the front wheel in the air :shrug:

Must agree that is 100% butt ugly.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm What a waste of engineering effort, everyone knows if you need more traction just get the front wheel in the air :shrug:
Just realized that this is something like a trike is. For people who want to be a badass bikers but are afraid to try it on a real bike :deal:
Boom Boom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm Must agree that is 100% butt ugly.
Emm.. Have you seen russian artwork in BWD? :killingme:
Compared to them this bike is the prettiest bike in the world :lol2:

Every day is a good day when you ride