I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moonshine Enduro - 9/24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: Moonshine Enduro - 9/24

Post by trialsrider »

Enduro's really are not a race. My speed (I not fast at all) at the beginning is adequate to keep me from houring out. It is really about maintaining your pace through the entire enduro. I tend to get tired/lazy and start pin balling off trees and falling behind. Really a function of my motorcycle conditioning and mental willingness to push myself. I do not think I have finished an Enduro yet. For me its another chance to ride some fun ground and I pack it in when I have had enough. I have enough shit in my life that I have to push myself through. Riding dirt bikes is my one really fun outlet for me and I am not going go turn it into another grind it out task in my life.

Come out, have a good time. If you get tired, there will be opportunities to make your way back to the start. No shame in calling it a day when you have enough.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Oh yeah, I've finished an enduro before. I think I did well in that one because my brother was in it too and he's the only person I've ever directly competed with. He doesn't even ride any more so I'll just have to relax on my own. :lol2:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Skinny-J wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:08 pm Personally, I find time-keeping more fun as it adds a mental challenge to the ride, but like most things in the world today, more and more of these enduros are being (IMHO) "dumbed-down" into start controls as that is what the masses want....
Yea BUT for some of us just remembering the 1st rule of woods riding (AROUND the trees) is quite mentally challenging! :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

dirtygrunt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 pm So....if I make it up there Saturday afternoon- do I look for the JAT or the PAT :shrug:
Pat will have the PAT, I will be in my PU truck. As you come in, the parking is to the right. Go all the way down the road to the end and let's plan to all meet/park there so we can find everyone. My cell is 4-4-three-8-two-9-3-6-four-7 but its only a guess if it will work. I am shooting to be there by 6, sign-up closes at 7 (but opens again Sunday morning if we run into a problem)
dirtygrunt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 pm Is a roll chart really needed, it's all arrowed right?
Yes it will be arrowed and on a late row, very obvious where to go. A Roll Chart is not mandatory with all-start controls but can be nice to give you an idea of how long your free times are and when/where to be for the start of the next section. Or you can just follow Joe and his fancy-pants computer....
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I can't find my DAMN jersey. :( On the plus side I did find my ECEA card. I'll be in a white ram 1500 with the xtrainer on the rack.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Speaking of ECEA cards, to sign-up you will need an AMA card and an ECEA card. To get an ECEA card I believe you still have to take a test-----relax, its free and its very straight forward and I have never seen a club take it that seriously, they will even help you if you don't know the answer and that's if they even bother to "grade" it.

You should familiarize your self with the basics here: ECEA Enduro Basics
More info here: Enduro Time Keeping and terminology

You used to be able to do the test on-line but I can't find that on the ECEA's website....
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Skinny-J wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am Speaking of ECEA cards, to sign-up you will need an AMA card and an ECEA card. To get an ECEA card I believe you still have to take a test-----relax, its free and its very straight forward and I have never seen a club take it that seriously, they will even help you if you don't know the answer and that's if they even bother to "grade" it.

You should familiarize your self with the basics here: ECEA Enduro Basics
More info here: Enduro Time Keeping and terminology

You used to be able to do the test on-line but I can't find that on the ECEA's website....
This page claims the test is not more

http://ecea.org/ecea/?page_id=1951
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Yeah, I saw that but wasn't sure they were not talking about for next year.

I know they asked for an ECEA card at Three Springs just last month; and every other enduro I have done this year. If I was showing up without a card I would at least read through the other stuff on the ECEA site to be ready for a possible "test"....
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Anyone know how dusty this place gets? I'm trying to fight bronchitis right now but still want to go ride/race. Last thing I need to do is be breathing in a bunch of dust all day.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I don't remember any dust the last time I did this event.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0