I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moonshine Enduro - 9/24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Moonshine Enduro - 9/24

Post by Wingfixer »

Like SJ said, I'll be getting there around 1800 with the PAT. :lol2: I plan to get a little dinner and do a little drinkin! Sean, come on out, I'll see if I can drag you around for a finish!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:33 pmCome on out Kirk, just do it!
Well, my wife says nothing's going on sunday...
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

So...If a guy just showed up with a bike, entrance fee $$ , AMA card, and a couple of gas cans, you could point him in the right direction for a fun day of riding?
Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Yup.

I thought I was going to be on call this weekend but the other guy comes back on Friday. I'm thinking about running the YZ-F. Although I have no idea what kind of fuel mileage it gets (stock tank, 1.8g). Might have to bring 2 gas cans for the fuel trucks :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:09 pm So...If a guy just showed up with a bike, entrance fee $$ , AMA card, and a couple of gas cans, you could point him in the right direction for a fun day of riding?
Hell yes! It's looking like we'll have a couple DAMN rows!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

What does all start controls mean? Can you lose points by getting to a check early?
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Marylander wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:29 pm What does all start controls mean? Can you lose points by getting to a check early?
In theory yes, but with all-start controls they will lay out the time so that even the fastest guy will still be late. For us regular guys, all-start controls means ride as fast as you can for the whole section, we will never burn a check. The "trickery" you are thinking of is more associated with a "time-keeping" enduro. Personally, I find time-keeping more fun as it adds a mental challenge to the ride, but like most things in the world today, more and more of these enduros are being (IMHO) "dumbed-down" into start controls as that is what the masses want....
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Ok, cool. I'm not sure why I even asked. I've just got to stay relaxed and finish the thing. For some reason I get really mental about anything that could be considered a race. White knuckles, gritted teeth, the whole package. I've been meaning to defeat this demon so this weekend starts that effort... ;)

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Marylander wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm ... I've just got to stay relaxed and finish the thing.
That's the whole secret to success right there! Its only a race if you want it to be. Just enjoy being on 2 wheels with 200 of your best friends in the rocks of PA on a beautiful September day. Maybe push your self a little when you are feeling it, back off when you are getting tired and if you finish, you may just be surprised with how your results stack up in your class.

Its natural to be nervous at the start of the first section but once you get past that, you will probably find that the re-start at each subsequent section gets better each time. Enduros have a little etiquette for passing so that takes some of the pressure off as well. If you come up behind someone and want to pass, just give a yell and they will pull to the side and let you pass. Likewise, if you hear a yell from behind you, when you can, find a spot to slow and move over and they will be by you in a flash. That's the cool thing about enduros, you are not necessarily racing the guys around you, only the guys in your class; and they may have ridden this same trail an hour ago on row 1. Therefore, you are really just racing the clock so its very proper to help a fast guy pass and not an insult.

You are going to have a great time, I promise..... :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

So....if I make it up there Saturday afternoon- do I look for the JAT or the PAT :shrug:

Is a roll chart really needed, it's all arrowed right?
Bruce