I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Riding With Kids-Places to go?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
drewbird911

Riding With Kids-Places to go?

Post by drewbird911 »

Well I took my children out River Road to Hunting Quarter Road and rode up and down the C&O access road. It was there first time and they were very excited. I dumped it showing them what to do :roost: , we all had little spills- good fun, riding a Z50 Clone. This area had a authorized and emergency vehicles only sign so we were clearly not authorized and at one of the sign boards was a no ORV sign as well but we risked it anyway.

The Seneca State Park in this same area also looks promising on the map but I am sure that it is similarly posted/restricted. I was wondering if anyone can suggest, any other areas. :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Riding With Kids-Places to go?

Post by Bucho »

Yeah, its tough to find legal places to ride, that are easy enough for kids just learning.

Its either illegal to ride motorized vehicles, or you are riding on legal dirt roads w/ an offroad only vehicle.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Not sure where you live but we (a bunch of DAMN riders) did a ride day at Wicky's World last fall. Its a cool place to ride and would be a great place to bring kids, or anyone else, that are learning to ride. It is a bit expensive but totally worth it.

http://www.wickysworld.com/

I am planning to get a re-visit together later in the Spring when the weather gets a little better.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

I've got 5 acres that is just open field that is great for noob riders and kids to play around on. Bought the daughter and wife some ATV's to play around on out there last month - If a few of you have young kids (my daughters 6) that need a nice open space to get some seat time on their bikes or atv's let me know and we'll throw together a little shindig and let them loose out there.
Attachments
P1240008.JPG
P1240008.JPG (112.52 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
01-24-09_1609.jpg
01-24-09_1609.jpg (77.27 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
01-24-09_1610.jpg
01-24-09_1610.jpg (108.31 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
drewbird911

Post by drewbird911 »

21783mike -- Thanks for the offer, I am in Bethesda near Glen Echo. Where are you?

Wingfixer -- That does look like a nice spot, how's the track?

The Hunting Quarter Road was nice, I've been meaning to get out there on the XT.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:lol2: How about two guys on a CR500 powered sidecar practicing power slides? :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Kyler wrote::lol2: How about two guys on a CR500 powered sidecar practicing power slides? :harhar:
The flat track at Wickysworld would be a great place for that!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

drewbird911 wrote:21783mike -- Thanks for the offer, I am in Bethesda near Glen Echo. Where are you?

Wingfixer -- That does look like a nice spot, how's the track?

The Hunting Quarter Road was nice, I've been meaning to get out there on the XT.
When we went it was mud on top of ice and I had the TrailWings on the DRZ so I couldn't take full advantage of the trails or the flat track but they did look totally cool. The flat track woulda been a blast if it had been a little less slick but the MX track was a complete blast. We only got down a few of the trails but there looked to be a good mix of easyish stuff with some truly knarly single track. If you call him he will let you check it out for free for a day. I thought there used to be the option of getting just one day passes, now it looks like you have to buy a year pass, totally worth it if you live close enough to ride there often. Its three hours for me so I might not do it again, unfortunatly.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Kyler wrote::lol2: How about two guys on a CR500 powered sidecar practicing power slides? :harhar:
As long as it's quiet, don't wanna make so much noise that we piss the neighbors too much. :lol2: Plenty of mud to slide around on out there this time of year :roost: Oh, and I'm in Smithsburg.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco