I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge ride - Oct 13 & 14

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
UCH
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Mountain Ridge ride - Oct 13 & 14

Post by UCH »

I plan on being there for Fri / Sat. First timer, is the single track pretty challenging? Are there any hill climbs?
"2 Strokes still rule!!"
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

UCH wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am I plan on being there for Fri / Sat. First timer, is the single track pretty challenging? Are there any hill climbs?
I was there once on a DRZ with worn rear tire. Did one (first) section of ST, was pretty challenging to me - climbs and descents. Heard that other parts of single track are challenging in a different way - mud, downed trees, creeks.
There are some long hillclimbs with good traction and there was a place with with many smaller climbs with dirt/roots/rocks.
Every day is a good day when you ride
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

UCH wrote:I plan on being there for Fri / Sat. First timer, is the single track pretty challenging? Are there any hill climbs?
If you can ride every trail at the cove you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

UCH wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am I plan on being there for Fri / Sat. First timer, is the single track pretty challenging? Are there any hill climbs?
ST is a challenge but very doable. Also, easy to bail, lots of friends to help. Hill climbs, not really. It's a good place to ride, plenty of options.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

juddspaintballs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 pm This is shaping up to be a real party.

A campfire is a must. I'll see about tossing a little bit of firewood in the car if everyone else could bring a couple pieces we'd be able to have a good one.
I got wood.

:lol2:
Bruce
rclangelan
DAMN n00b

Post by rclangelan »

If I make it, it'll be Friday only. I'd meet at 10am at the office and ride all day.

My wife is traveling that weekend (which is perfect) but I'm trying to talk her into giving me the SUV, and she can take my car... need the SUV to haul the bike.

I'll be buttering her up with flowers this weekend. Fingers crossed.
Ryan | Sykesville, MD | 2015 CRF250L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I've ridden w/ UHC at Grandvilles in the past. He is a good rider he will be fine on any of the single track.

But "yes" some sections are challenging, but doable.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

dirtygrunt wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:02 pm
ST is a challenge but very doable. Also, easy to bail, lots of friends to help. Hill climbs, not really. It's a good place to ride, plenty of options.
I know where a new piece of single track is that has a pretty decent climb up to it..... I'll show you guys if I can make it. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 am
I know where a new piece of single track is that has a pretty decent climb up to it..... I'll show you guys if I can make it. :deal:
So we can avoid it? :lol2:
Bruce
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I should be able to flatten it a bit with the 950.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.