I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

R and T Charity Trail Ride, September 9th and 10th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: R and T Charity Trail Ride, September 9th and 10th

Post by BigBird »

I've alawys used a check.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I was out there last Sunday and the trails were PRIMO!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Cyclemax will have a EM Sport electric there for demo rides. I can't spend the day but I am going to go demo the bike. :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

what a great day. the trails (the one I rode) was in excellent condition. I enjoyed seeing old friends and being with a bunch of dirt bags on a great day.

The bad news is this old, fat weenie body didn't last long before my knees and back gave out. :knary:

I got two good laps on the D loop on the EM Escape and really liked the bike.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Always like coming out to Boyers.

I decided at the last minute to bring my enclosed trailer and the YZ250F to stick a for sale sign on. Well the YZ needed fork seals so I banged that out real quick and some new cheapie brake pads. I had a bunch of other stops along the way so I didn't get there until 4 on Saturday so I just squeezed in 2 laps on the C loop before the cut off.

Sunday morning I did the A loop by myself with the Husky first thing since nobody was ready yet. When I got back and I decided to run the YZ250F for shits and giggles. By now some of my normal riding buddies were ready to roll. According to those buddies I was much faster on the YZ than my Husky :shrug: Maybe I'll hang on to it for a bit longer and try it out in a hare scramble later this year. Just as soon as I take off the ape hangers and get the front brake to actually work :lol2:

Also it is a good idea to check your fuel level before you head out for that last loop of the day :dry:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

I had an amazing time. Think I ended up around 55-60miles most of it was on the A and B loops. Saturday the trails were almost perfect so I decided to hit the double A hill climb blind,made it 3/4 of the way before realizing I'm short and the bike fell over. Got back on and continued the climb. Sunday I channeled my MURRICA and went out riding in my Klim Murrica helmet and American flag one piece pajama onesie. The looks and laughter made it worth it, I think it gave me special abilities as I hit the double A climb again (it was now super loose from lots of people trying and not making making it) and ripped straight up it.

I rode with Joe (gotsasol) and my Son on Sunday. My son did awesome riding my yz450fx that is sprung one hundred pounds too stiff for him. Joe hopped on his yz250f that had a bald 19" rear tire and super high bars and proceeded to ride faster than I have ever seen him ride in the 4 or so years I have been riding with him. I wish this property was open more often as I would happily pay hundreds of dollars a year to ride it often.

I should have video in a day or so.
MountAiryRiders
DAMN n00b

Post by MountAiryRiders »

I had a great time! Here's a short video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MountAiryRiders
DAMN n00b

jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

You should have passed me, looks like I was holding you up.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
MountAiryRiders
DAMN n00b

jgreene wrote:You should have passed me, looks like I was holding you up.
It's ok I was having fun. ImageImage