I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

27 Aug Thrill & Chill Dual Sport West Greenwich, Rhode Island

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
darrell
DAMN n00b

27 Aug Thrill & Chill Dual Sport West Greenwich, Rhode Island

Post by darrell »

Anyone want to join me on this DS ride. I'm planing on leaving early Saturday morning, to make a sight seeing stop at the New London Submarine base in Groton, CT, to check out the U.S. submarine forces museum, a place I first saw in 2001 and home of the first nuclear-powered submarine the USS Nautilus. Then is off to get some seafood from the "Ocean State".

The Rhody Rovers have been a MC club since 1947 and have put on many national enduor's back in the day, The Little Rhody Rover National enduro was one of the hardest enduro on the circuit so I'm sure they will be some nice hero sections in the DS ride.

club link
http://rhodyrovers.org/event/2017-thril ... nce_id=245
“a true diamond in the rough”
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 27 Aug Thrill & Chill Dual Sport West Greenwich, Rhode Island

Post by Wingfixer »

DAMN! That sounds like a blast! Wish I had the time off. Take lots of pics!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
darrell
DAMN n00b

Post by darrell »

I leftvmy house early Saturday morning, making my first stop at the New London submarine base in Groton, CT. I spent about an hour and half touring the sub museum, then filled my tank up on the base (better pricec then off base). Next I headed to the navy station on Newport. This was a,good weekend to be at that base as,they were having there end of summer fest, which was free, with live music, fireworks, food vendors, rides. I stay,there a while before going to the base campground, 3 miles away. Once I got set up unloaded my bicycle, and rode 6 miles to get some local seafood, after I Went back on base for the firework show.
The next day,I left the base early and had about a,40 minute drive to the dual sport site, the weather was great, mid 70s. I spoke to the trail boss earlier in the week, and he told me the course as 55 miles, I thought that was a little short but he told me the first 32 mile are single,track from the Enduro and,most guys,would call it a,day after that. He was right, the way they do dual sports in Rhode Island, is the entire course is the hero section, and you have bail outs every 5 to 6 miles. I did all 55 miles, and said it was the hardest one day dual sport I've ridden.
“a true diamond in the rough”
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

wow - well, RI is a small state so I guess that makes sense.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

This is the back yard of where they held the world round trials event a couple years ago and a national event this year. RI is not an off road friendly state so they work hard to put on a quality DS / Enduro event. I was surprised at the world round they had no public advertisement on the radio to bring locals to see the event. When I asked why they said we don't want the locals to know this is even happening or they would have people protesting and the news would show and that would bring more to protest.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr