I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Work odd hours?...Lets ride!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Work odd hours?...Lets ride!

Post by kevvyd » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Hey Guys,

I need to get out and hit the trails more than the once a month that I can "claim" a weekend with the R&T group.
My wife works in the hospital and has unusual and varied shifts. I am self employed and only "need" to work 2 days a week for a few hours in addition to my child care duties.

I just bought a brand new '18 KTM 150 XC-W and am dying to get some hours on it. So if you are the type of person who sometimes has weekdays, or mid-days, or does shift work....
PLEASE hit me up. I'd love to make some riding happen outside of the usual weekend rides & trips, and have the trail to ourselves...
'19 350 EXC-F

juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Work odd hours?...Lets ride!

Post by juddspaintballs » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Lots of us on here do not work 9-5 weekday hours. Pick a time and place, post a thread, and see if someone wants to join you. Or join someone else's time/place ride. If you're playing with R&T, I assume you're in the Fredneck area. There's a few R&T guys on here, too. Talk to people at events as well to see who is riding more than once a month in your area.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Till roughly the end of the next month I have the middle of the week off. I really like to take advantage of that and ride while my wife is at work.
My only issue is some of these weeks I have child care duties.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Time to get your kid on the trails, Phil
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:05 pm

KTM? What happened to the WR?!?!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:15 am

juddspaintballs wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 pm
Time to get your kid on the trails, Phil

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
Or something like that
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Post by kevvyd » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:29 am

Bucho wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 pm
Till roughly the end of the next month I have the middle of the week off. I really like to take advantage of that and ride while my wife is at work.
My only issue is some of these weeks I have child care duties.
So that sounds like the exact same boat I am in...
I'll PM you an get your contact info...then we can look at our respective calendars.

-Kevin
'19 350 EXC-F

kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Post by kevvyd » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:41 am

Wingfixer wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:05 pm
KTM? What happened to the WR?!?!
Yeah...I knew you might notice that.

(I will update my previous post called "Street legaling a dirt bike in MD)

So I got that bike super nice. Spent a couple months gutting it, cleaning, and overhauling. A street legal WR 450 was always like my ultimate dream bike. Then I got her out in the woods like 6-8 times...and well...she took advantage of me really bad! Gotta swallow the pride and throw the ole "too much bike for me" out there. In addition to be a gnarly beast after all the upgrades and overhaul I felt like it was a little too heavy. And ultimately I was not a good enough rider to handle all that.

So having MD title in hand I decided to shop her around and see what I could get toward a lighter, less powerful bike. Turns out MD street title increased her value significantly!! Plus I had hotted her up with an eBay FMF Ti RCT full, Wiseco hi-comp, YZ cams, and the whole boat of maintenance done. I asked 4k and got well over that from a bro in NJ who also had been dreaming of the unicorn. (street title WR450)

I did not take a whole lotta out of pocket cash to decide that I was done overhauling used bikes every year, and popped for an '18 XC-W 150.
201 lbs dry, less power, and now I know the exact process and who to talk to @ MVA to put a street title on this bike.
It is FAR from impossible and actually pretty easy once you get over the ignorance @ MVA. It may be a minute before I get the new ride titled though as I feel like I just bled out so much cash...

And so far as you go, Fixer, I know you have an odd schedule, lets get in touch??
(hope you don't have hard feelings about the 1 night stand with the WR...I did treat her real well when she was with me~~)
'19 350 EXC-F

gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:02 am

Wooo! Another small bore convert :lol2:

Definitely going to need a ride report on the 150 btw.
-Joe.

'22 YZ250FX
'09 Husky WR177

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:25 am

May be too late now but did you ask the dealer about tags? New, you might slide it through without inspection.