I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Work odd hours?...Lets ride!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Work odd hours?...Lets ride!

Post by kevvyd »

Hey Guys,

I need to get out and hit the trails more than the once a month that I can "claim" a weekend with the R&T group.
My wife works in the hospital and has unusual and varied shifts. I am self employed and only "need" to work 2 days a week for a few hours in addition to my child care duties.

I just bought a brand new '18 KTM 150 XC-W and am dying to get some hours on it. So if you are the type of person who sometimes has weekdays, or mid-days, or does shift work....
PLEASE hit me up. I'd love to make some riding happen outside of the usual weekend rides & trips, and have the trail to ourselves...
'19 350 EXC-F
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Work odd hours?...Lets ride!

Post by juddspaintballs »

Lots of us on here do not work 9-5 weekday hours. Pick a time and place, post a thread, and see if someone wants to join you. Or join someone else's time/place ride. If you're playing with R&T, I assume you're in the Fredneck area. There's a few R&T guys on here, too. Talk to people at events as well to see who is riding more than once a month in your area.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Till roughly the end of the next month I have the middle of the week off. I really like to take advantage of that and ride while my wife is at work.
My only issue is some of these weeks I have child care duties.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Time to get your kid on the trails, Phil
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

KTM? What happened to the WR?!?!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 pm Time to get your kid on the trails, Phil

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
Or something like that
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Post by kevvyd »

Bucho wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 pm Till roughly the end of the next month I have the middle of the week off. I really like to take advantage of that and ride while my wife is at work.
My only issue is some of these weeks I have child care duties.
So that sounds like the exact same boat I am in...
I'll PM you an get your contact info...then we can look at our respective calendars.

-Kevin
'19 350 EXC-F
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Post by kevvyd »

Wingfixer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:05 pm KTM? What happened to the WR?!?!
Yeah...I knew you might notice that.

(I will update my previous post called "Street legaling a dirt bike in MD)

So I got that bike super nice. Spent a couple months gutting it, cleaning, and overhauling. A street legal WR 450 was always like my ultimate dream bike. Then I got her out in the woods like 6-8 times...and well...she took advantage of me really bad! Gotta swallow the pride and throw the ole "too much bike for me" out there. In addition to be a gnarly beast after all the upgrades and overhaul I felt like it was a little too heavy. And ultimately I was not a good enough rider to handle all that.

So having MD title in hand I decided to shop her around and see what I could get toward a lighter, less powerful bike. Turns out MD street title increased her value significantly!! Plus I had hotted her up with an eBay FMF Ti RCT full, Wiseco hi-comp, YZ cams, and the whole boat of maintenance done. I asked 4k and got well over that from a bro in NJ who also had been dreaming of the unicorn. (street title WR450)

I did not take a whole lotta out of pocket cash to decide that I was done overhauling used bikes every year, and popped for an '18 XC-W 150.
201 lbs dry, less power, and now I know the exact process and who to talk to @ MVA to put a street title on this bike.
It is FAR from impossible and actually pretty easy once you get over the ignorance @ MVA. It may be a minute before I get the new ride titled though as I feel like I just bled out so much cash...

And so far as you go, Fixer, I know you have an odd schedule, lets get in touch??
(hope you don't have hard feelings about the 1 night stand with the WR...I did treat her real well when she was with me~~)
'19 350 EXC-F
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Wooo! Another small bore convert :lol2:

Definitely going to need a ride report on the 150 btw.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

May be too late now but did you ask the dealer about tags? New, you might slide it through without inspection.