I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Barbed Wire Enduro - July 9

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Barbed Wire Enduro - July 9

Post by Skinny-J »

My neighbor asked me to go to Shade so J and I punted on the 4 hour drive to NY and did Shade instead. J was able to convince Jacob to come along and on a total lark we ran into 22 there as well. We still had plenty of excitement with Jacob breaking his chain and we even did Mitchel twice, it was a good day af bashing over rocks.

Besides, the enduro would not have been the same without you.... :hug:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

So I rode back to the truck where I had a chain breaker and a master link then fixed him right up. Not really sure why but it broke a pin right out of one of the wide links, I got to thinking maybe it was too tight... no, and not loose on the sprocket like a worn out one. It's a pretty heavy o-ring, Keep running it? :shrug: I guess I'll get him a new one or he can carry around the breaker tool and a master link. :lol2:

My damper makes a noticeable improvement in the rocks, the bike just feels more stable.
Also clipped a tree a little without knocking me off my line :thumbup:

Fun day at Shade (did I just say that) :screwy:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Can't remember the last time I saw a broken chain on the trail.

I was riding with guys at Taskers and had 2 get their chain guides ripped off within a couple hundred feet of each other. 1st guy did it, oh well that sucks. So some of us turned around to go get tools (his chain came off the now taco'd sprocket and wrapped around the counter shaft jamming in there hard) and it happened again to the other dude. wtf? And this was on the Peter's Mill side even.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Well the rest of the story is that about 15 minutes prior mine came off... was a little loose though. No damage & rolled it right back on. One of those bad chain days. We were bouncing through some rough stuff.