I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Barbed Wire Enduro - July 9

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Barbed Wire Enduro - July 9

Post by Skinny-J »

From the ECEA Forum:

"July 9th 42 annual STER Barbed Wire Enduro. If you liked it last year and made the trip up after hearing all the awesome reviews year after year then come on back gang. It's basically a mirror image of what we had last year. Couple tweaks here and there to freshen up some trails and keep the smiles coming. Back for 2017 we have Mototally scoring Compliments of The Doctor Mike Sodus.

First loop 25.7 miles. As usual we will have a nice warm up to before the first section. 3 sections in the first loop ranging from 5 to 8 miles. The last of those 3 sections ends right back at the start/camping field for a gas stop. There is literally a mix of everything awesome on a diet bike on this loop. Some super tight, some brief fast stuff, winding technical creek bed/gully (sofa king slip and slide), off camber goat trails, virgin mowed grass paths through the woods, and a check crew labeled MILF check.

Loop 2 is 37.5 miles. It rides about 7 miles of dirt road and black top to the first of 3 sections in that loop. First section is classic NY/PA loam, creek beds, hill climbs, Tree (root salad) roots to keep you in check and holy hell fast if you have the reflexes for it lol. Take a break on some more dirt road and check into the Mooseknuckle Shuffle section. All I can say is strap in and hold on. This section will be the favorite of all you technical Enduro riders. I don't think there is 10 feet of flat trail in it. Attack the trail and you can jump your way over the ever changing obstacles. If your tongue is dragging it may have you wondering what your doing racing a motorcycle still. The smiling faces of landowners serving lemonade after the check out will remind you all why your doing it. You will leave there with your confidence back and loving Enduros.

Generous reset and some free time takes you to THE SLIDE. Ok ok I'm sure you have all heard about it. 150yd long/40yd wide hillclimb with 50-100 local spectators that have been coming for years just to watch this hill. There is an alternate line for the dual sport guys but one of our club members does the slide every year on a well riden KTM 950 adventure. Basically just be prepared to be heckled if you opt out and cheered on if you put on a show for the crowd. Get a little reset and some rode after that to set you up for the last section of the day. You go up some hills, down some hills, down down creek beds, across some hills, hold it wide open sweeping around a corner crossing black top on a dead end road and check out. After the check out you ride a little road and 1.5miles of some dirt bike riders dream trail back to the finish to have your score card taken and lean your bike on a tree to enjoy some refreshements compliments of the club. This loop will feature our chick check that will double as drink servers at the finish and a 2nd showing of the MILF check.

Racers are welcome to stay over Sunday night to partake in the STER party and see why we have more fun than any club out there and see for yourself that "we're from the Southern Tier and nobody here can drink more beer".

In summary your gonna come to the NY/PA boarder and have fun from our classic tech inspection shenanigans until you have to load up and head home"
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Barbed Wire Enduro - July 9

Post by Skinny-J »

Flyer Link: Flyer

I am 1 for 2 on this enduro, last year I lost the crank bearing on the YZ half way through so I am looking for a re-match.

Let me know if you have any interest....
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

In.

I might switch over to C Vet/30+ this time. Still undecided.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

gots_a_sol wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:01 pm In.

Are you bringing the Husky? If so I would exploit that 200 class for all you can!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

A few things will have to fall into place....show me as a maybe.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 pm
gots_a_sol wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:01 pm In.

Are you bringing the Husky? If so I would exploit that 200 class for all you can!

Yea I'd be on the Husky.

I dunno, it just feels like I'm winning the 200 class by default some times since half these events there are only enough folks to round out a podium. I guess I can look at it as keeping those other 2 people in check :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

gots_a_sol wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:29 pm I dunno, it just feels like I'm winning the 200 class by default some times since half these events there are only enough folks to round out a podium. I guess I can look at it as keeping those other 2 people in check :lol2:
I'd just like to point out that the trophy only says your place, not the number of entries! :jack:

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:11 pm A few things will have to fall into place....show me as a maybe.
Things did not fall into place, quite the opposite....I'm out. :censored:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:07 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:11 pm A few things will have to fall into place....show me as a maybe.
Things did not fall into place, quite the opposite....I'm out. :censored:
I've seen you fall a lot over they years. You have never fallen in-place :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I would point out that if your sandbagging your c class there is a B-200 class....

Just sayin... :shrug:

:lol2: