I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport Aug 20th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Michaux Dual Sport Aug 20th

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 am Got the email last night with all of that stuff. I'm in. She said the roster is full with a waiting list.
Same here.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 pm
juddspaintballs wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 am Got the email last night with all of that stuff. I'm in. She said the roster is full with a waiting list.
Same here.
DAMN ... and I was going to go too. :screwy: next time I guess :shrug: :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

dirtygrunt wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 am Anybody get the email with rider info, maps, route sheet?
Yes, received 5 attachments. And I'm hoping we will have someone to lead as I don't have a rollchart holder :). But in case I'll print the map and charts and take them with me.
Rut Row wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 pm DAMN ... and I was going to go too. :screwy: next time I guess :shrug: :lol2:
Well the announced deadline to register was Aug.1st ;)
Every day is a good day when you ride
rclangelan
DAMN n00b

Post by rclangelan »

I'm looking forward to Sunday. I just hope my shot glass sized gas tank gets me to the halfway point for fill up. I was reading through all the "optional" trails that were sent in the email (someone needs to teach Nichole about BCC). Has anyone tried all the optional trails? I intend to hit as many as possible, I just don't want to get in over my head.

- Ryan
Ryan | Sykesville, MD | 2015 CRF250L
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

rclangelan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:49 pm I'm looking forward to Sunday. I just hope my shot glass sized gas tank gets me to the halfway point for fill up. I was reading through all the "optional" trails that were sent in the email (someone needs to teach Nichole about BCC). Has anyone tried all the optional trails? I intend to hit as many as possible, I just don't want to get in over my head.

- Ryan
You'll be fine on gas. Maybe 60 miles each half. Rutter's gas station on rt 30...easy to find, if you ride up. Or keep gas at truck for lunch time fill up. Look for us and stick with a group. I usually don't do all the options :chicken kiss: . After seeing you ride at Mt Ridge, you'll be ok.
Bruce
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Was this a preregister thing only or can you sign up day of?
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Pre-register only. I believe in the past they've allowed people to pay up and play the day of in very small numbers, but that it not guaranteed or the norm. It appears they've had more people pre-register than the available number or riders allowed, so there's already a waiting list this year. Showing up and hoping to ride if you don't already have a rider packet is very unlikely this year.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

If I can make it that's what I'll be on. I've had enough DRz riding for a while. :wallbash:
Ahem.... it's a dualsport, yer supposed to ride the dualsport bike up, ride the event then ride home.... :dirtdog:
Last edited by J&J on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I have no idea how clubs can run an event without pre-register.
They normally have a food / snack stop plus on state land they are limited to the amount of riders allowed. To have riders show and have to turn them away never makes for a happy rider or for them to prep for a full turn out with food and it rains and all the less than hardy riders say screw it they are stuffed with a pile of food and all the cost to have purchased. It sure is a task to run any organized event. Be sure to thank all those involved in seeing that you get to enjoy a day in the woods....Extra special thanks to any rangers you encounter during the day. With enough smiling faces thanking them the two wheeled community might move up a few notches on their favorite organized events using forest lands....never hurts to try :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 am
Wingfixer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

If I can make it that's what I'll be on. I've had enough DRz riding for a while. :wallbash:
Ahem.... it's a dualsport, yer supposed to ride the dualsport bike up, ride the event then ride home.... :dirtdog:
Says the guy with the barcolounger seat...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.