I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC, Monday 5/1

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: RAC, Monday 5/1

Post by BigBird »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 pm I may hit RAC solo at this point. I don't do GPS crap...are there decent directions to this Orange trail?
Valley Rd goes mostly E (slightly NE) from 901 for 4.7 mi then turns SW. The Orange Loop is in the 2 mi E to W and 1 mi N to S rectangle that is inside the acute angle made by the SW turn of Valley Rd.

Highridge Rd Ts into Valley Road coming from the N. IF you could go straight at that T across Valley Rd you'd be right in the middle of the Orange Loop.

Starting from where we park - If you go E parallel to Valley Rd for 1.5 miles I think you'll intersect the Orange Trail. If not just go S (right) for a little ways and you will.

The loop is a little under 9 miles. Next time I'm there I'll try to ride it backwards (CCW) using my GPS track as it is only marked in the CW direction.

OH! ALSO! Someone has painted over the Orange markings at several spots near the roads. SO you have to look for gray or black spots on the trees if you don't see the orange. This DEFINATELY adds a little challenge to staying on the loop.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 pm I may hit RAC solo at this point. I don't do GPS crap...are there decent directions to this Orange trail? I'm thinking that if I can find it and stay on a loop I'll be ok as far as not getting "lost".

I'll check the TT threads also.

Im 95% certain I can do that whole ride again w/out GPS help. I lead the whole second loop from the van along some single and double track to the orange loop.
But I dont think I could explain to anyone how to find it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

BUCHO is like an Indian Scout with an internal GPS (and a memory like an elephant)!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Indeed, Phil is a great ride leader, almost always knowing where he's going. I get confused about where I am in my tiny back yard.