I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dualsport to Michaux and camp

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
beejaytee
aka Heather

Dualsport to Michaux and camp

Post by beejaytee »

I have put together a ride from my place to michaux. I'm not sure when this can happen but I'd like to go with someone and I was thinking of meeting in Frederick and heading up.

This would not be a ride once we get there thing since I think the trails are closed till Memorial Day. The fun would be getting there then hangout and camp, hike maybe. It also would likely be a weekday thing, 1 or 2 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Dualsport to Michaux and camp

Post by Laoch »

I grew up in Michaux and ride there regularly. Forest roads are always open and many spots to camp for free. I'm in :cheers:
Post up an idea of dates. I live east of there, so we could meet in the forest somewhere.
I can clue you in on things and show you around, lot's o good twisities nearby.

And to let the cat out of the bag, we are working on a deal to buy a 1.5 acre lot on the border of the state land. Could be DAMN base camp in future.
Bruce
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

Would I need to be tagged or this is all off road?
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Tag needed.
Michaux is a PA state forest with miles upon miles of gravel forest roads. They run a couple of events up there each year a DS and an enduro. The only off-road riding is for ATV's. All motos must be tagged, etc and stay on public roads. That said, there are a lot of roads to ride and local back roads have nice riding.

The only state forest land for riding motos is Shade Mountain. That is worth the trip, it's a bit further north. Also closed right now.
Bruce
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

Thanks Dirty. I know this is a "dualsport" forum and alot of you guys like to run the road but its just not for me at this time. I owned a Harley for years and I got rid of it. I just can't trust text and drive folks. (me included).

Have fun!
2005 Honda CRF250f
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Madizm wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am Thanks Dirty. I know this is a "dualsport" forum and alot of you guys like to run the road but its just not for me at this time. I owned a Harley for years and I got rid of it. I just can't trust text and drive folks. (me included).

Have fun!
I understand. The HD's generally stay on the paved roads and also avoid the really back roads, which is where you will find me.
Bruce
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

That sounds good. So is there trails/dirtroads that are open even when the trails are closed?

2012 Ktm 500xcw
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

beejaytee wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:42 am That sounds good. So is there trails/dirtroads that are open even when the trails are closed?

Yes. Michaux has no "trails" for motos, but all dirt/gravel forest roads are generally open year round. Occasional closures for logging, etc. Most regulars here have ridden Michaux, it gets a :roost:
Bruce
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

dirtygrunt wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:40 am
Madizm wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am Thanks Dirty. I know this is a "dualsport" forum and alot of you guys like to run the road but its just not for me at this time. I owned a Harley for years and I got rid of it. I just can't trust text and drive folks. (me included).

Have fun!
I understand. The HD's generally stay on the paved roads and also avoid the really back roads, which is where you will find me.
My HD generally stayed in the garage which is starting to be the same for my Honda and KTM. :dry: Especially since we just cancelled our ride for tomorrow....

If dirt roads are on the ticket I would be game for sure. If the date works.
2005 Honda CRF250f
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Madizm wrote:Thanks Dirty. I know this is a "dualsport" forum and alot of you guys like to run the road but its just not for me at this time. I owned a Harley for years and I got rid of it. I just can't trust text and drive folks. (me included).

Have fun!
Might be worth plating one of the motoz just to have access to areas like this. You could trick up and ride the dirt roads.

2012 Ktm 500xcw