I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dualsport to Michaux and camp

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Dualsport to Michaux and camp

Post by Bucho »

beejaytee wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Have fun!
Might be worth plating one of the motoz just to have access to areas like this. You could trick up and ride the dirt roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I always felt it worth having a "dualsport" bike, even if its really just a minimally tagged dirtbike. Its always nice to be able to get out and ride fun dirtroad areas. Michaux is cool, I've explored that area in the past. I was thinking later this year, I'd like to head out to Greenridge State Park. Its been a while since I've ridden a bike around there.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Dualsport to Michaux and camp

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm not sure when I could do this. I've got my 3 day DS ride in two weeks over near Franklin, WV. In May we have the DAMN reunion, June I'm riding the street bike in the twisties of SE Ohio and then going to Canada for vacation (missing the KAT Trail Ride). I might be able to slip in a one nighter near the end of April or something.

Having a tag on your dirt only bike is a good idea, still. You never know when you'll want to hit a small road to ride to another section or back to the truck between trails. If someone's bike breaks down or they get hurt and the shortest ride back to the truck or phone is on a public road, it's worth having the tag because you know you'll find the disgruntled LEO or Ranger at the most inopportune time where they're willing to write you a ticket or lock up your bike. Plus, without a tag, you're missing out on TONS of good riding for the areas we live in. There's a ton of GWNF you need a tag to be on the roads, but the roads aren't much better than most of Tasker's Gap's riding areas. There's even trails open in Sleepy Creek during hunting season that you technically need a tagged vehicle to be on.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R