I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC - Sat April 8th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: RAC - Sat April 8th

Post by Bucho »

Sweet! marked orange blazes on single track
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

dirtygrunt wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:40 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 am
Skinny-J wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:11 am Great ride, probably the best yet. Miles and miles of single track! We rode the "orange" loop; someone has graciously connected a bunch of the ST together with orange blazes. Once you find the entrance it runs on a huge loop. Also ventured over on the west side of 901 into "Popoye's" woods and also did some exploring. Cant wait for the next time.
Sounds like fun! How'd the new yammy do?
:dirtdog:
2015 WR250F. It was a left over that a kid bought new in Dec of 2016, put 7.14 hours on it and then sold it to me; a good example of how to lose a lot of money very quickly on a new dirt bike.
He had already installed the open ECU that along with a few other easy mods basically turns the bike into a YZ250FX (but with a headlight and softer suspension)

I am pretty happy over all. I haven't had time to really get the ergos set up for me so I wasn't real comfortable standing and had to sit a lot which is not my style (boy did my ass hurt at the end of the day). Its a 250 and doesn't have the bottom end grunt like the 450 but I expected that. One of the reasons I got it was to make myself stop riding so "lazy" down on the bottom of the motor and to get used to riding more aggressive. But I tell ya, when you wick this thing up to its 11K red-line, hang on because it will definetly go! The FI is a little choppy which I had read about but I bought the programmer and will start screwing around with fuel-ing it up and the timing it down on the bottom end to see if I can smooth it out. It was weird that even with the Rekluse (that I scored off of CL for 1/2 price-WIN!), it still would flame out on me now and then. But I think these little things can be solved and it will be a keeper in the end.

SJ
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice score Jay. I know Justins YZF has impressed me.
15 degree winter day and 3 kicks it started. I had no plans of anything I owned starting at those temps.
Think you will need to adjust the rekluse to slip a little more to rid the flame outs. Justin tightened his up and had flame out / stalls. More slip letting the idle higher than we would think it should be and never misses a tic.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice. Not being up on the Yami alphabet, I gather it's a FI 4 stroke (they seem to be all the rage).
Originally designed for MX?

Brock- ? I think? had a YZ250X? at Mike's place. Same or similar?
Bruce
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Sweet! Congratulations! Too many strokes for you though, & no trials tire :shrug:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

dirtygrunt wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:12 pm Nice. Not being up on the Yami alphabet, I gather it's a FI 4 stroke (they seem to be all the rage).

Brocks is a smoker....nasty oil mixer..LOL
You would think the US government was involved in the exhaust design as they send it out the back then around the engine only to go out the back...so many more locations to burn your leg on..LOL
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm Nice score Jay. I know Justins YZF has impressed me.
15 degree winter day and 3 kicks it started. I had no plans of anything I owned starting at those temps.
Think you will need to adjust the rekluse to slip a little more to rid the flame outs. Justin tightened his up and had flame out / stalls. More slip letting the idle higher than we would think it should be and never misses a tic.
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I was gonna start with bumping the idle up and see if that helps. The rekluse was also disengaging on the downhills a little more than I like so I hope I don't have to dick with the free-play gain and make that part even worse. Otherwise, the rekluse was spot on and after the first couple flame outs I just started using it like a regular clutch; it was actually sorta fun...
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

dirtygrunt wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:12 pm Nice. Not being up on the Yami alphabet, I gather it's a FI 4 stroke (they seem to be all the rage).

So here is the low down (seems confusing but so is KTM's.....)
YZ 250F = Motocrosser
YZ 250FX = Woods racer
WR 250F = Trail bike (not to be confused with WR 250R - Dual Sport/street legal bike)

Then in the 2T's
YZ 250 = Motocrosser
YZ 250X = Woods Racer.

Clear as mud?
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

J&J wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 pm Sweet! Congratulations! Too many strokes for you though, & no trials tire :shrug:
Thanks, truth be known I am really a 4T guy but you just can't beat the 2T on the weight. My YZ, fully armored and a full over-sized tank weighs in around 245 but my WR450 is pushing close to 300 lbs. I LOVE the 450 power but 95% of the time I hardly use a fraction of it. I am hoping this 250 fits in somewhere in the middle.

You actually started me down this path when I rode your 250 at the Good-Kuggamugga trail ride last year. I was really impressed with the power from a little 250 when you spun it up. I just had to find one in the right color. :angel:

Oh, and there is a Shinko 505 cheater Hybrid in the garage waiting to get installed.... :thumbup:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Brocks is a smoker....nasty oil mixer..LOL
You would think the US government was involved in the exhaust design as they send it out the back then around the engine only to go out the back...so many more locations to burn your leg on..LOL
Yeah, it leaves me scratching my head as well. It seems like a good opportunity to save some weight and just shoot is straight into the silencer. However, I know better than to doubt the brilliant minds at mother Yamaha so I guess they have their reasons. The only thing I can think of is that they need the length to create enough back pressure. :think: