I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC - Sat April 8th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: RAC - Sat April 8th

Post by Marylander »

I've seen some calculations on exhaust length and impact to torque, hp, "drivability", etc and am sure they're tuning it just right to make it a nice ride on the trails. Does the MXer use the same header?
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: RAC - Sat April 8th

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:49 am
Boom Boom wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:34 pm
dirtygrunt wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:12 pm Nice. Not being up on the Yami alphabet, I gather it's a FI 4 stroke (they seem to be all the rage).
Originally designed for MX?

Brock- ? I think? had a YZ250X? at Mike's place. Same or similar?
Brocks is a smoker....nasty oil mixer..LOL
You would think the US government was involved in the exhaust design as they send it out the back then around the engine only to go out the back...so many more locations to burn your leg on..LOL
Yeah, it leaves me scratching my head as well. It seems like a good opportunity to save some weight and just shoot is straight into the silencer. However, I know better than to doubt the brilliant minds at mother Yamaha so I guess they have their reasons. The only thing I can think of is that they need the length to create enough back pressure. :think:
4 stroke, back pressure? I have a saws-all and a wielder! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.