I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's gap 3-11? Anyone?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: Tasker's gap 3-11? Anyone?

Post by trialsrider »

Piledup wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:42 pm Lol.. Sorry that wasn't a very well sorted post.. I rode a small loop in the cove today and thought it was horrible... One climb tried to kill me, but finally got up it on my fourth attempt and then it was okay for maybe a mile, then a serious rock garden followed by a foot of mud, and then it was back on the fire road and over...
I'm not writing the place off as I haven't even seen 75% of it, but I am in no hurry to go back to that loop.. It was also made to seem worse because I had some low speed jetting issues going on and it was all or nothing
Does this look familar

2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

yeah but we were coming up to the right of that.. and it was wet...lol excuses, excuses :shrug:
2015 KTM 350 XCF
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Piledup wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:32 pm Copy that... Blue loop.

Parked way up in the back.. It was fire road for a while, then that nasty hill climb which was really only bad at the start of it.. But then more fire road, the nasty rock garden, then mud... More work than fun... And I have to believe that would be regardless of the skill level.. I'll give it another go on some of the other stuff.
Im not sure we did the whole thing, it seemed pretty short maybe 3-4 miles
I enjoyed it a lot. The rain made it that much more difficult and fun. Sorry you didn't have fun however you didn't say anything at the time. I think it's fun having to work hard to clean sections. And me being short as hell with a 28" inseam on a bike with a 38" seat height means I have to ride everything clean in order to not fall over. Next time we go I will ride the blue loop solo and meet you at the end of it.
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Piledup wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:44 pm yeah but we were coming up to the right of that.. and it was wet...lol excuses, excuses :shrug:
Actually we went left a little over the roots and between the trees not up the ledges. However the big ledges were fun to ride down when I came back down to find out where you disappeared to.
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

Lol... It's all good I'm not upset about anything except my lack of ability to get up it clean... It is a tough start to that hill though... You were up it and gone, while I fought through 4 attempts before finally getting close enough to push up the last few feet..... Maybe I can blame it on tires or something... Lol
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

Any seat time is good seat time.... Regardless of whether or not it tells you what you need to work on. Attempting the stuff you can't already do is how you get better. Even when it's frustrating..
2015 KTM 350 XCF
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Did anyone call to find out if taskers is open now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

If they got the snow we did, opening might get set back a week or two.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Oh, good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The WATR club is having a trail cleanup day at Taskers 3/18 which I'm pretty sure means it's NOT open for regular business.

I just called the Cove and they said 3" to 4" of snow there now and the forecast is for temps of 45 today and 53 Sat. - SO it should be rideable if you have good tires.

I'd be interested in Saturday.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike