I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Spring Camp & Ride I 4/22-(23-AM only)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Granville's Spring Camp & Ride I 4/22-(23-AM only)

Post by Bucho »

Had another great time out at Grandville's Barton Tree Farm!
The weather was great on Friday, I wish we could have got there just a bit earlier, but still had time for an hour or two of riding.
My friend Adam is still fairly new to riding and had never done single track before. Some of it was a good challenge for him. He did some of the easier big hills and pounded right up them. I think he leveled up.

The sound of pouring rain woke us in the middle of the night...
Still raining in the morning we slept in. I joined some of the DAMN regulars for a lap in the rain. It was pretty sloppy. Went back and got my buddy and the rainy/slick conditions were a bit much for him. He went back and called it a day pretty soon. I actually had a good time doing another hour of riding by myself. I almost never ride dirtbikes solo and it was really kind of fun to do it. I checked out a few little side trails. I practiced a hill that gave me trouble before. I'm not condoning solo dirt riding. But it was kinda fun.

Anyway, a big thanks to Jim!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Very nice piece of property there. I wish I could make the next one .

Friday was excellent. Managed to wrangle a few dumbasses to ride in the dark even though they were trying to get out of it by drinking excessively :lol2: Saturday was rain. We managed to get out for a loop in between showers which was nice and slick. . It cleared off by that evening but nobody wanted to go back out again for some reason :shrug:

Fun fact, when riding at night and you do a hill climb, no matter how much light you have going out the front it still goes pitch black when you get near the top :killingme:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The night ride was pretty fun. Even if we briefly got separated when I balked at doing some of the bigger hills.
Though I wish I would have prepared a little by having some sort of helmet light.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Bucho wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:29 pm Though I wish I would have prepared a little by having some sort of helmet light.

It does make a huge difference. I probably could have gotten around without bike lights and just my helmet light.

I have this little cheapo guy http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_133573.html

I bolted a gopro adapter to the light in place of the handlebar mount so it just attaches to my Proshot chin bar mount. My original DIY light had to go on top which made for weird shadows from the visor.

I made up a battery back with some 18650 batteries, but the easiest way to run it would be off of a 2s lipo battery for an r/c car.

Here is DIY v1 vs this china light. AA battery for size reference. The only real con I noticed with being so much smaller is it gets hot fast when you aren't moving.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I thought the night ride was cool. Gives your skills a workout cause you just have to let your suspension do its thing while your running over stuff you would otherwise miss. Sure made riding in the sloppy, rainy, daylight seem easy :killingme:

I had a good time & came away feeling like I was riding a little better.

Thank you Jim!
Last edited by J&J on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

The DAMN Riders are like the postman, neither snow, sleet, rain, nor gloom of night keep these guys from delivering fun, comradery and a hot lap!

J&J Styling the hills on a sunny Friday. :cheers:

Gail getting in a hot lap in the Razor with Joker

Great to ride with new friends and with the old ones. :deal:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Many thanks to Jim for another great weekend in Barton! We arrived mid-Friday afternoon and I took my family out for a nice ride. Considering they really had not ridden at all since last fall everyone did great. We explored a little and did some of the bigger hill climbs. My 9 year old son must be crazy as every hill we see he wants to ride down or up it and I must be crazy because I let him. When we got back to camp it was just in time for me to catch a hot lap with Jim and Jerry and it was simply fantastic to stretch my legs a little! Dinner was made and a few beers were uncapped but then somebody said night-ride; that was different.

Saturday morning brought some rain but it let up enough for us to catch a nice window for a ride. It was a great, sloppy ride with the core of my DAMN buddies. With more rain later on we lost our motivation for any more riding but we sure did enjoy happy-hour that lasted for the next 6 hours.

A great weekend all around.

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Another awesome weekend of riding at Granville's! I love the new section, it really flows great! The night ride was...interesting! I'm already looking forward to the next one!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.