I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Cove Blue Trail Update

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Cove Blue Trail Update

Post by BigBird »

I went to the Cove Sat with DAMN Lurker Rusty and his crew. Our plan/schedule was uncertain and we didn't get on the trail till nearly noon but rode pretty much all the trails at least once.

The NEWS is that the major uphill section of the BLUE (the one that has the rocky ledges if you take the Main trail) now has MORE options.
There has been a line just to the left of the ledges that takes you back to the main trail right AT the last ledge.
More recently there was an alternate a few yards to the left that bypasses the rocks and takes you back to the main trail 10 or 15 yards above the top of the rocky ledges.

NOW there is a MAJOR new path even more to the left that takes you ALL THE WAY to the top. It starts where the alternate above starts then goes more left and is roughly 100' to 200' to the left of the main Blue trail. Rusty and Gary climbed it while Jim and I were climbing the main trail ledges and the alternate. They made it to the top then turned right on the ridge and met me at the very top of the climb where it is relatively level and the main trail turns right and down hill. I got them to lead us back DOWN the new path so I could get a GPS track. It is very steep with lots of dirt and not much rock. I'd think the ONLY way to make it is to have dry weather and keep lots of momentum! This is the same trail that we'd tried before but couldn't make NOR could we find where it came out at the top.
Last edited by BigBird on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Waterman
DAMN n00b

Re: Cove Blue Trail Update

Post by Waterman »

Nice update Sam. Your going up next ride!,,,
Gary,