I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC - Sat Feb 25

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: RAC - Sat Feb 25

Post by Wingfixer »

dirtygrunt wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:40 pm:shrug:
We got in a pretty decent ride before the monsoon hit. There are just miles and miles of awesome and varied single track to be ridden. I feel like we've barely scratched the surface! I've got some video but it'll take me a while to edit it and post up.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

It was good to get back to RAC after a 3 year absence.
I agree with Wingfixer that we just scratched the surface.
AND thanks to him for dragging my bike up a chunk of that one NASTY Hill climb.
It was so hard that even Shinny-J took 2 tries to get up it :shrug: BUT HE MADE IT - UNASSISTED!!!

At the start of the Cove ride today - Rusty figured out why I ran out of gas near the end of the RAC ride yesterday.
He saw that the Freeride was continuously dribbling gas out of the carb overflow tube. We got it to stop for a while by banging on the carb but it quickly returned. I and other Freeride owners have had this problem with some regularity?

Fortunately I had also brought my 200 so switched to it for the Cove.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

+1 on what both WF and BB said! I love riding someplace new and being able to find all the nice single track has been great; there is NO way you could do that without a map/gps track or someone who knows the place. I am starting to get my bearings a little bit but still have to periodically argue with WF about which way the gps track is supposed to go (or what color it is). Amazingly, even with the gps track that you can see darting off from your current direction of travel, its still hard sometimes to see the entrance to the single track and I would probably otherwise ride by it a dozen times before I noticed it. I guess that's what saves it from the quad-tards finding it and destroying it...

Its funny, I actually recognize some of the trails from past RORR enduros; we should have plenty of practice for that one this year!

SJ