I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC riding 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: RAC riding 2017

Post by J&J »

phoo wrote:This is video from that stream Skinny-J mentioned. I'd love to get back there.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
:thumbup:
2way2wheels
DAMN n00b

Post by 2way2wheels »

If you are micro brew fan, on the way home you could stop by Selinsgrove brewery.
Its a in a old house downtown. Parking can be a struggle. Growlers and growler refills to go.

Coal region speak help here. http://www.coalregion.com/
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

phoo wrote:This is video from that stream Skinny-J mentioned. I'd love to get back there.

Looks awesome!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

J&J wrote:

:thumbup:
I'm not sure I can put my finger on it - but that is definitely one of the trails on my saved GPS tracks from a couple of years ago with Jeff.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Wow! That looks like some awesome trail! Can't wait! :whoop: :loveit:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Stinson wrote:Which areas are you guys riding? I know the St. Clair area pretty well. Unfortunately some of the best stuff is on the state game lands north of there which they have been patrolling the last few years.
What does this mean? That we aren't allowed to ride there? OR just that you better make sure you have a permit if you go?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:
Stinson wrote:Which areas are you guys riding? I know the St. Clair area pretty well. Unfortunately some of the best stuff is on the state game lands north of there which they have been patrolling the last few years.
What does this mean? That we aren't allowed to ride there? OR just that you better make sure you have a permit if you go?
You can pretty much never-ever ride on state game lands so I am pretty sure that means no. Without a doubt, the RAC permit will only give you access to lands owned by RAC, and there is no such thing as a permit from anywhere else to ride a dirt bike on state game lands....
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Re: RE: Re: RAC riding 2017

Post by stretchride »

Skinny-J wrote:
Bucho wrote:
You can pretty much never-ever ride on state game lands so I am pretty sure that means no. Without a doubt, the RAC permit will only give you access to lands owned by RAC, and there is no such thing as a permit from anywhere else to ride a dirt bike on state game lands....
Guys, is the riding 7 days/week/holidays etc? Are they really requiring insurance proof on a dirt bike?

No provision to bring a guest I guess?
Any camping allowed?

Hey J, how long a drive for you from Mt. Airy?

So tempting....I need more riding in my life this year for sure...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

stretchride wrote: Guys, is the riding 7 days/week/holidays etc? Yup

Are they really requiring insurance proof on a dirt bike? yes, but just send them the card for your Honda. I sent them the insurance card that listed all my bikes and my permit showed up in a week. The YZ wasn't on the card since I don't have coverage on it but its what will be ridden there. The permit you receive does NOT list your bike, just a number that gets pinned to you...

No provision to bring a guest I guess? No, each rider has to have a permit
Any camping allowed? No

Hey J, how long a drive for you from Mt. Airy? It would be a little over 2.5hrs to St.Clair. But there should be lots of options for truck pools.

So tempting....I need more riding in my life this year for sure... JUST DO IT!

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

stretchride wrote: So tempting....I need more riding in my life this year for sure...

Do it Ken!

I feel you about needing more riding in my life. While part of me, doesn't like the idea of paying $125 up front to go ride. I guess this is good motivation to go ride! It will drive me a little insane to spend that and NOT get my monies worth.

And I agree w/ J. If you have to, just send them registration/insurance info for your Honda. The permit is for you and not your bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200