I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Public Riding Areas..

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Public Riding Areas..

Post by Piledup »

Am I missing a list of public riding areas that people know about on here? I'd love to find some more riding areas, and I keep hearing about new ones as I visit dealers and such. I was just wondering if there was an ongoing list on here somewhere? Guys told me about Rocket MX trails, and Boyer Farm, today... I had never heard of either.

Maybe it could be mapped like the member locations??
2015 KTM 350 XCF
dirtdevil193
DAMN n00b

Re: Public Riding Areas..

Post by dirtdevil193 »

I second this post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

This is about your best resource for what you are talking about:

Rider Planet

You won't find Boyer farm in there as that is private but there are a few events held there during the year that are open to the public. You just have to wait for the announcement (or join a club like R & T that puts on the events....)

Most of your riding around here will be similar to Boyer; special events, invites like Granville posted, etc.

There are also dual-sports if you are tagged:

US Dualsports

And Enduros and Harescrambles offer a good opportunity to ride places you will otherwise never get access to:

ECEA or VCHSS
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Rocket MX trails? Im assuming they mean Rocket Raceway. That is a Motocross park with a couple tracks. They have a short "woods" trail. Most of the motocross parks will have some sort of woods trail. However, most of them are fairly short, a couple miles at the best. Its not bad if you are also a MX guy and will spend some time hitting the tracks. But going to pay $40 to ride a short section of trail over and over isn't worth it to me.

Yes, MD kinda sucks for legal offroad riding. In my opinion getting your bike tagged is well worth it to do some of the other stuff that SkinnyJ mentioned.

There is a reason we generally go to a different state to ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

sometime this spring the Savage River Trail system will open near Frostburg. What here for the grand opening announcement.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Kyler wrote:sometime this spring the Savage River Trail system will open near Frostburg. What here for the grand opening announcement.
Any idea when? We go the Deep Creek every year and would love for this to be open so we can check it out. The place we stay has some semiprivate(renter access) trails but only about 10 miles or less.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Damage Inc. wrote:
Kyler wrote:sometime this spring the Savage River Trail system will open near Frostburg. What here for the grand opening announcement.
Any idea when? We go the Deep Creek every year and would love for this to be open so we can check it out. The place we stay has some semiprivate(renter access) trails but only about 10 miles or less.
We are working with DNR to nail down a date.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Your best option for the best riding is to join when a ride is posted and get in with the guys riding. Odds are you will find the best riding is not public and will require and invite. Took me a couple years to build the network of places I currently have and very few are public.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Boom Boom wrote:Your best option for the best riding is to join when a ride is posted and get in with the guys riding. Odds are you will find the best riding is not public and will require and invite. Took me a couple years to build the network of places I currently have and very few are public.
We need a "Like" button. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.